Granny's gone and done it again

Define "leash defensive"?
Sorry. Got distracted.

couldn’t leave her alone tied up somewhere - if someone she didn’t know approach she would get fearful and aggressive. Which, I’m not a fan of tethering dogs anyway but hubs and his off-roading, meant I sat out a bunch of rides cause it would be too hot to leave her in the trailer (pre motorhome - now we got ac!) and I didn’t want to leave her tied outside the trailer so she could be outside and find shade (note: this is on private land, some friends own property so it’s a bunch of them all out there) in case someone who didn’t know her thought to go say hi. She would also get defensive if strange dogs approached her and she’s on leash.
So I’d say leash defensive instead of aggressive because she wouldn’t go charging at anyone while leashed, but if anyone entered her space she wasn’t happy.

edit. I should add I enjoyed the excuse not to go though lol. Hubs sometimes is a bit much for me off-roading.

Sorry. Got distracted.

couldn’t leave her alone tied up somewhere - if someone she didn’t know approach she would get fearful and aggressive. Which, I’m not a fan of tethering dogs anyway but hubs and his off-roading, meant I sat out a bunch of rides cause it would be too hot to leave her in the trailer (pre motorhome - now we got ac!) and I didn’t want to leave her tied outside the trailer so she could be outside and find shade (note: this is on private land, some friends own property so it’s a bunch of them all out there) in case someone who didn’t know her thought to go say hi. She would also get defensive if strange dogs approached her and she’s on leash.
So I’d say leash defensive instead of aggressive because she wouldn’t go charging at anyone while leashed, but if anyone entered her space she wasn’t happy.

edit. I should add I enjoyed the excuse not to go though lol. Hubs sometimes is a bit much for me off-roading.
I see, thanks. Did you get her as a pup or is it possible she had a hisory of being left tied?

Back
Top Bottom