Granny's gone and done it again

Lord love a duck , what a day.
On the way to the drs a woman IN A FORD truck was in front of me and wrapped her truck around a pole. The engine part just split in half. This is when I discovered I dont have emergency blinkers. Truck was smoking, she was not in good shape. Her arm was mangled and she was in and out. I checked her vitals and calmed her til ems got there.
Get to the drs and told them I already had my stress test. He wants me to go to cinncy . I told him he can do what needs done here. He wants a stress test done and he thinks I will have another MI during it . Oh well Its being done here. I dont have transportation. Walk outside and a lady in front of me falls out ! WTH??? I hollered at Tom"There dropping like flys !" Skinned her knees up bad. Needed to stop for milk and I asked Tom to go in. Thats been a long time coming but he did it. Money was hanging out of his pocket when he came out. I dont know if he lost any or not. Too tired to care.
And we get to do it all over again tomorrow .
Why would you want another heart attack? You already know you have issues.
Good grief Granny, you had a busy day!

He wants to know what your A1C is?

DH says you need to get your blood sugar under control if it is doing that. The spikes are damaging your eyes and you are at risk for blindness.

When you get your eyes checked have your eye doctor check your blood sugar with an glucometer so he knows what your blood sugar is at that moment in time. They have one in their office. He or she will then know how to proceed with your exam.

You are never going to get a good prescription with your blood sugar all over the chart.

Also very important, he says you need to go where you will get a good dilated exam.

For the uncomplicated stable diabetic, they recommend a full dilated exam at least once a year and since you are unstable, you should be seen more often.

God only gives you two eyes to last your lifetime.
Thank you. My a1c is 7.4 right now. All my life it has been low. This is a new change for me to be high. I did start new meds for it. They have never even asked us about our diabetes before. all 3 of us now.

Why would you want another heart attack? You already know you have issues.
Good grief Granny, you had a busy day!
well I dont ! He thinks I need the stress test and to be on the safe side he wanted it done in cinncy where if I needed emerg. stent or something I would be there. If something happens here they will need to transport me to cinncy as they dont do that here.

Thank you. My a1c is 7.4 right now. All my life it has been low. This is a new change for me to be high. I did start new meds for it. They have never even asked us about our diabetes before. all 3 of us now.
My dear I'm sure you know that needs to be closer to 6 so I won't lecture you.:hugsYou need to be more determined to bring it down.

well I dont ! He thinks I need the stress test and to be on the safe side he wanted it done in cinncy where if I needed emerg. stent or something I would be there. If something happens here they will need to transport me to cinncy as they dont do that here.

Sounds like a good doc who knows what he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom