Granny's gone and done it again

Whoever said cataracts wins a cigar. I had my retired eye doc husband look at the pics and he said bilateral cataracts. Yes, she is blind. May have a bit of vision but not much.

Who knows how they happened. Maybe injury maybe congenital maybe from an infection. I have a brain dead rooster who decided to fight with somebody bigger and tougher than he is...which doesn't take much. He completely lost the eye in the resulting infection. For a month I was squirting penicillin down him and treating the damaged eye socket. It finally resolved but I have every reason to believe that his remaining eye has poor vision in it. He has a terrible time finding his food and water dish. I have to supervise him eating and drinking and make sure the bowls stay right in front of him. He is a sweet boy though and we have been through a lot of chicken care together so he's my pet.

Morning everyone. Just finished giving Diesel his morning walk. We saw a deer so game on. He was sure he needed to chase it. I was more certain he wasn't going to so we both got a work out. 30 minutes of him looking for that darned deer.

Thank you @CapricornFarm. Things seem to have settled down at least for the time being. But I know it's still lurking around.
Thanks, @microchick! And thank your Dr DH for me. ❤

The glycemic index, which is used to reflect the impact on blood sugar levels of individual foods, places orange juice between 66 and 76 on a scale of 100. This makes fruit juice a high GI drink and high GI foods and drinks are best avoided by people with diabetes under most circumstances.Jan 15, 2019
I crave OJ from time to time, so I'll drink like, about 2 Tbsp.! 😆

Lord love a duck , what a day.
On the way to the drs a woman IN A FORD truck was in front of me and wrapped her truck around a pole. The engine part just split in half. This is when I discovered I dont have emergency blinkers. Truck was smoking, she was not in good shape. Her arm was mangled and she was in and out. I checked her vitals and calmed her til ems got there.
Get to the drs and told them I already had my stress test. He wants me to go to cinncy . I told him he can do what needs done here. He wants a stress test done and he thinks I will have another MI during it . Oh well Its being done here. I dont have transportation. Walk outside and a lady in front of me falls out ! WTH??? I hollered at Tom"There dropping like flys !" Skinned her knees up bad. Needed to stop for milk and I asked Tom to go in. Thats been a long time coming but he did it. Money was hanging out of his pocket when he came out. I dont know if he lost any or not. Too tired to care.
And we get to do it all over again tomorrow .
Oh my goodness, Girl! Yowzers! You need an early bedtime tonight for sure! Take three of these and call us in the morning! :hugs

Thanks. Thats not the first time either. Last time I was here at home and heard a man calling for help a mile away just like he was standing right next to me. I was in my nighty and jumped in the van and drove til I found him. I stayed w/ him til he was air lifted talking to him.I was squatting down and couldnt get out of bed for 2 days after. My legs wouldnt work. I got a thank you card from his mom.
Whew, God used you that day!

They are all growing healthy and strong... I need to hang one more door and do latches, and both hoop coops will be completed... Then out they go! I may keep Geronimo inside a while longer since he's so small compared to everyone else. He can teach whoever hatches to eat and drink.. Incubator got locked down today.. I have two + days to finish up the last coop, take my brooders outside and get the brooder ready for the ones in the incubator.
Had my first appointment today with my NP. We had a blast doing televisiting.. Thanks for asking.
Hi Cindy, have been missing you. :hugs

Hi Cindy, have been missing you. :hugs
Been dealing with trying to get coops ready, eggs in incubator, heavy rains and wind from Sally, then clean up all the mess left behind. Still have to clean the roof off where limbs and twigs are stacked up there.
Poor little blue copper marans has the whole side of her face swollen.. Eye was nearly shut. So, I took her out of the brooder, washed her eye good with echinacea tea (worked really well when the two pups I previously had got pepper sprayed in the face by the postal worker, and those two wouldn't hurt a flea). Also slathered on some bag balm around the eye after the wash. Set her in a tub by herself so nobody would pick on her. She's eating like a piggie and has a little more warmth as I set her tub on top of the brooder end closer to the light. We'll see how she's doing in the morning. Her eye was at least open when I stuck her in her 'hospital room'. Also sprinkled a capsule of echinacea in her feed.

Back
Top Bottom