Granny's gone and done it again

Been dealing with trying to get coops ready, eggs in incubator, heavy rains and wind from Sally, then clean up all the mess left behind. Still have to clean the roof off where limbs and twigs are stacked up there.
Poor little blue copper marans has the whole side of her face swollen.. Eye was nearly shut. So, I took her out of the brooder, washed her eye good with echinacea tea (worked really well when the two pups I previously had got pepper sprayed in the face by the postal worker, and those two wouldn't hurt a flea). Also slathered on some bag balm around the eye after the wash. Set her in a tub by herself so nobody would pick on her. She's eating like a piggie and has a little more warmth as I set her tub on top of the brooder end closer to the light. We'll see how she's doing in the morning. Her eye was at least open when I stuck her in her 'hospital room'. Also sprinkled a capsule of echinacea in her feed.
Hope she does well.
It's like a big race to get ready for winter. If I work 24/7 I still am unlikely to be ready.

Been dealing with trying to get coops ready, eggs in incubator, heavy rains and wind from Sally, then clean up all the mess left behind. Still have to clean the roof off where limbs and twigs are stacked up there.
Poor little blue copper marans has the whole side of her face swollen.. Eye was nearly shut. So, I took her out of the brooder, washed her eye good with echinacea tea (worked really well when the two pups I previously had got pepper sprayed in the face by the postal worker, and those two wouldn't hurt a flea). Also slathered on some bag balm around the eye after the wash. Set her in a tub by herself so nobody would pick on her. She's eating like a piggie and has a little more warmth as I set her tub on top of the brooder end closer to the light. We'll see how she's doing in the morning. Her eye was at least open when I stuck her in her 'hospital room'. Also sprinkled a capsule of echinacea in her feed.
Poor little thing, hope that helps. No idea what happened to her?

Back
Top Bottom