Granny's gone and done it again

OMG! I checked on the eggs in the incubator at 3 a.m. when I woke up to piddle... checked again at 6 a.m when the Roos started crowing... There was a chick in the incubator! Now there are two, and another egg has a big hole in it and liddle face peeking out. One thing I noticed of the two that have hatched (using my little flashlight through the plastic. One has comb points already and one doesn't. Bruiser's chicks were the first to pop.. one of his left. Henri's eggs are a bit slower, one hole, two left to pip. All of them have black beaks, and the two out have black legs. 21 days wasn't complete until late this evening as I started them just before going to bed on the first day. So we have early hatchers!

OMG! I checked on the eggs in the incubator at 3 a.m. when I woke up to piddle... checked again at 6 a.m when the Roos started crowing... There was a chick in the incubator! Now there are two, and another egg has a big hole in it and liddle face peeking out. One thing I noticed of the two that have hatched (using my little flashlight through the plastic. One has comb points already and one doesn't. Bruiser's chicks were the first to pop.. one of his left. Henri's eggs are a bit slower, one hole, two left to pip. All of them have black beaks, and the two out have black legs. 21 days wasn't complete until late this evening as I started them just before going to bed on the first day. So we have early hatchers!
What a happy surprise! 😊

Back
Top Bottom