Granny's gone and done it again

The reason I ask is because SIL put his on the back porch for me to use if we lose power but what if its snowing ? Maybe we could move it to the pole barn and run a long extension cord. Most times we lose electric its because of storms
Hubs thinks they are probably designed to run in the rain. I suppose you could put a piece of plywood or tin on the top to protect it. Hardest part in your winters is having a door or window cracked to get the cord in.

Hubs thinks they are probably designed to run in the rain. I suppose you could put a piece of plywood or tin on the top to protect it. Hardest part in your winters is having a door or window cracked to get the cord in.
thats true. I have the fire place but everyone would need to move into that room.

Does everyone by you use wells ?
Most of the neighborhood in part of the community well and they have a huge tank on the hill. The tank will run dry in 3 days because most don't think it ever would and they flush and flush and flush! Not sure if they have a big generator to run the well for that. Our house was not part of the original subdivision, so has it's own well... actually shared with one other neighbor. It was family members that originally built the two houses and shared the well.

Last edited:
Wishing, are you on your slower then dirt phone ?
No, just got things going on around me... talking with hubs about stuff, letting Scooter out and in, feeding Henry, looking for Ming, finding a new cat barf pile... :hmm ... the usual.
We are supposed to buy plane tickets tonight. Got to do that soon. Will be too late tomorrow afternoon.

Some of the newer ones are smaller and quieter and just as powerful.
Neighbors across the street got one of those whole house generators. It automatically turns on when the power goes (I know because I hear it!) and runs on natural gas. It's strong enough and set up to run their pump as well. It wasn't cheap, but much cheaper than a new car.
If it's raining it can run in the garage under cover, never in the house... people die every year. Not sure what happens if they get wet, but it's generating electricity and that doesn't mix well with water.
We looked into getting one a few years back. We asked the salesman if he had one. He'd worked for the company something like 17 years and lived in the area. He said no so we didn't get one either. He said the power never goes out that long around here. Couple of hours, tops.

Back
Top Bottom