Granny's gone and done it again

I wish I could have more cupboards.

I feel you.
Morning all. Sorry for sorta kinda falling off the face of the earth for a couple of days but I woke up Saturday morning with a full blown RA flare coming down around my ears and was sicker than a dog. There was no denying I needed a course of steroids so I started my emergency pack Sat morning which meant Sat night into Sunday morning was spent lying in bed staring at the ceiling with my mind racing at warp 9 and my body at warp 7. I think I got up at 3AM and did some Christmas shopping on line. Felt better yesterday morning after finally getting 3-4 hours of sleep but still not 100%. DH had me hold off taking my pred until bedtime so at least I slept last night about 9 hours worth. Today I'm continuing to slowly feel better so I think I am coming out of the flare. I can bend over without yelling for help in order to straightened out but Bless Him, my dear husband who has his own back demons has been an angel doing all the heavy work for me.

I did the same thing about this time last year but then it was a prednisolone shot followed by a toradol chaser on board. D****d Covid!

Other than that :frow y'all and happy Monday!
Yikes. Glad you’re feeling better!
Ok back to work. All our crews got their paperwork in to me. Yay!!!

because you have to change temps in mid bake and I will have enough to do that morning with out stressing over a pie. I will (maybe) make him one on an "easy" saturday.
We buy them at Costco. Dirt cheap and delish. I don’t care for them. I would rather have a berry pie.

Well, talking to myself. We like a smoked turkey. Lots of flavor and already cooked through. Just have to heat it snd it doesn't take long. Last year I tried to spatchcock it to heat it through quicker, and it just fell apart. So it heated up really fast, and we had pieces so quick! And slices for sandwiches in no time. I may try it again this year but definitely with gloves. Turkey's a bit greasy, it is! We have the makings for all the trimmings. Sweet potato pie, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, three pies, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce from fresh berries..... hawaiian rolls.... I'm not even sure what all else. We will be feasting for a week. But after the year we've endured, I think we need to celebrate just the fact that we can celebrate. Celebrate survival if nothing else. And an intact family. And that here we are, still standing. We can certaily be thankful for all that, I think. We really have much for which to be thankful. Mostly ... each other. And this year, that's a lot. It's a hell of a lot!
Amen to that!

Back
Top Bottom