Granny's gone and done it again

Definitely a love hate relationship with the steroids. I've only had one injection into a joint and that was into the left SI (sacroiliac) joint when I had a flair in it a couple years back.

I love that it makes the pain go away but hate that it tends to make you forget that there is a problem in the joint that the steroids is masking so you go out and abuse the joint some more. Sigh, it is really a no win situation.

@Granny Hatchet ! You wanted to see some of my artwork. Cap has seen some of these on the Old Folks Home but there are more to see now. One has a funny story attached to it.

Two nights ago we were out in our hobby room with the cattle dogs. One of the boys, Ben, was lying in my lap. Suddenly he started sitting up and staring at my art table. I got him to lie back down and he set back up again. The second time some of the hair on the back of his neck bristled and his ears shot forward. This time I followed his gaze and this is what he was staring at:

View attachment 2422651

I tend to do a lot of detailed art and am trying to learn 'freestyle' looser styled watercolors. This one is of our 21 year old diabetic kitty, Johnny Cash. When I showed my husband what Ben was staring at, he laughed and said, well, can't say it isn't a good likeness.

View attachment 2422658
These are Dutch Pours, a trio of water pieces that I call 'Splash!'

View attachment 2422656
Left: Koi watercolor Right, another Dutch Pour called Orange Crush

View attachment 2422659
Some works in progress. The dragon fly is about half done, the sunrise and moon rise need more stars added to them.

View attachment 2422660

View attachment 2422661
And just for fun, here I am with my attack Falcon/silver duck wing barnyard cross cockerel Izzy. He loves to ride around on my shoulder and came in the house with me to get something that I needed out in the coop. He was the perfect gentleman and didn't poop on anything while inside.

The cats thought he was fascinating....yeah right.

View attachment 2422670

This is one of two portraits I did for a friend of my husband's who owns French bull dogs. Interesting subjects and this type of sketching is my passion.

Okay, so big enough post to last a week or two? Just kidding.
Beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom