Granny's gone and done it again

What is Diamond painting?
Kind of like cross stitch or paint by numbers, There is a picture that has a sticky surface and shows you where to put the diamonds. There's a tool you put wax in to pick up the diamonds and put them in place. Takes your mind off stuff.

I hear ya, Verna. Two years ago I went out to take care of the chickens during an ice storm, which our area of MO has throughout the winter it seems. I stepped down on what looked like a patch of wet ground. It wasn't. It was black ice. My foot shot out from under me and I reflexively grabbed one of the wood fence posts the gate was mounted on. All I could think of was 'don't break your hip!' so instead my momentum slammed me into the wood post. I think I grayed out because the next thing I knew I was still hanging on to the post and dangling about a foot in the air. I let go of the post, plopped down onto the ground and my leg came in contact with my hot wire.

Talk about adding insult to injury, that was it. I hobbled my way to the house, told DH what happened and he immediately grabbed a pair of my boots and made ice cleats for me by screwing quarter inch sheet metal screws into the treads.

I broke at least one rib and was glad I had on a heavy winter coat along with a hoodie underneath. It could have been a lot worse.

I developed a whole new respect for ice and wear my boots whenever there is even a thin glaze on the ground.
Wow. Yes, you were lucky. So very lucky. I am glad you did not get injured any worse. That hot wire would have woken anyone up for sure.

Any other suggestions? Shoot. No more hug and kiss before she heads to work. They should shut down the place for special cleaning. Shouldn't they? Sorry, I'm freaking out a little.
When she comes out of her room, she must wear a mask and gloves. You will have to clean everything she touches so it doesn't spread.

Back
Top Bottom