Granny's gone and done it again

So power went out sometime between midnight and three am. I had hoped power would come back this am while I was at work - though power company says not until Sunday. (Weather related - high winds/wildfire risk) so hubs tells me when I get home from work run the inverter on the motorhome run extension cables from here and here and plug in the fridge. So I get home. Neighbors dogs are out and with unknown whereabouts. So I check our property before letting goose out..feeding him, and then running all over kingdom come getting the extension cords from the garage and hubs’s shop, running them from the motorhome to the fridge inside...and working some voodoo black magic. Luckily, the inverter can power the fridge! And the freezer was still cold.

Pretty sure I lost everything in the fridge though. :/ it was questionably warm in there. Not room temp...but still warmer than is safe. I have a roast in there I may still do - can do it in the oven in the motorhome but....sigh. Lot of lunch meat. Cheese. Bacon. Some milk. Condiments. Luckily (or unluckily - if it was full it may have stayed cold longer) it wasn’t super full but still.

Once the fridge cools down some I’ll swap the plug over to the fish tank. They’re a bit chilly...and the water needs some movement.

Thank gosh for the motorhome. Heated up some water for some instant noodles and there’s my lunch. I can still have a shower when I want with hot water in the motorhome. And there is a heater in the motorhome too so we may be sleeping out there tonight.

My cell internet has gotten rather spotty though - probably due to this is all electronic people have right now lol. So if I go quiet, that’s why.

Love to y’all. Granny - good luck trying to get Robert to suck it back and just wear a freaking mask to see his doc.
Stay safe dear. Food can be replaced but lives can not. Keep you in my thoughts.

I think I’d have to claim through homeowners insurance. It’s mostly condiments and other stuff - not really enough to worry about messing with that for. - couple Costco soups, a roast and some bacon and cheese - It’s just more annoying AF than anything else.
try your electric co.

Back
Top Bottom