Granny's gone and done it again

you keep them together now dont ya ? TTYL
Yes, the new cage is bigger, better for 2. But there is a metal grate for a floor and I want to cut that out. More accurately, I want someone to cut it out for me. :D That will be tomorrow's job. For now, they will have to go back to sharing the smaller cage, which is all clean and has some nice new perches we made this afternoon.

Oh, and the new pullets jumped their fence :hmm and were heading down to the house when hubs spotted them. The old mob was on alert and getting ready to confront the intruders but were predictably distracted by some treats. Pullets followed me back up to their coop and got locked in. At least they jumped over into our yard and not into the neighbors'. I think it’s time to learn about clipping wings. :rolleyes:

It was a very birdy day and I still have the Seramas to bring in!

whats wrong with a grate floor ? Do you use the grit paper for them?
Them pullets are spoiled ! LOLOL
No way to clean it easily. There is a pull out tray below the grate. Usually the grates are removable, but not this one. It was a cheap cage. I have been covering it with newspaper and not happy with that. Would like them to have access to the tray and use crumbled corn cobs or ground walnut shell in the tray where they can walk around.
We still have to figure out if the cage will fall apart if we cut it out.

Back
Top Bottom