Granny's gone and done it again

Exciting Day Part 3

I have been neglecting the mob's coop, especially the add on roosting area we call the annex.
View attachment 2500667
You'll notice the inspection team has shown up. Bunch of busy bodies.

And here it is miraculously clean! I was too ashamed to take a before picture. Had to wear a mask to clean it all out. It was the longest of the coop chores today.
Now there's a nice single large piece of flooring instead of several smaller pieces the the hens scratch all up and get poop underneath. Bleach.
View attachment 2500668

Front is back on and now the rice hulls won't Come pouring out the next time I need to clean. There is enough flooring to keep them all in.
View attachment 2500669

Poppy approves, but she has been kind of needy lately. One of the Legbars has been picking on her. Retribution, since Poppy has always been quick to pick. Discovered yesterday that the Legbar started laying again. No wonder she was crabby!
View attachment 2500670

And who do I find sleeping in the newly cleaned nest box tonight? Picked on Poppy of course. Moved her out. I get tired of cleaning up after her, and the boxes had been closed of for 2 weeks. Bad Poppy!
View attachment 2500671

View attachment 2500672
The Legbar on top is the cranky one. Poppy can go through that opening to go into the annex if she was smart enough. Too dark now.
You can see I didn't get around to cleaning in here. Needs pressure washing too, but that will have to wait for summer. Only 8 of the mob left since Buster Posey died. :hmm
We can’t find rice hulls here.

Last chicken chore was putting the sersmas away. Fudge is in broody pancake mode.
20210123_174654.jpg

No one wants to mess with a boddy pancake!
20210123_175831.jpg

He just doesn't understand why she doesn't LOVE him!
20210123_175818.jpg

Actually, the LAST chicken chore will be to turn on their heat lamp. Going to be cold tonight.

Exciting Day Part 3

I have been neglecting the mob's coop, especially the add on roosting area we call the annex.
View attachment 2500667
You'll notice the inspection team has shown up. Bunch of busy bodies.

And here it is miraculously clean! I was too ashamed to take a before picture. Had to wear a mask to clean it all out. It was the longest of the coop chores today.
Now there's a nice single large piece of flooring instead of several smaller pieces the the hens scratch all up and get poop underneath. Bleach.
View attachment 2500668

Front is back on and now the rice hulls won't Come pouring out the next time I need to clean. There is enough flooring to keep them all in.
View attachment 2500669

Poppy approves, but she has been kind of needy lately. One of the Legbars has been picking on her. Retribution, since Poppy has always been quick to pick. Discovered yesterday that the Legbar started laying again. No wonder she was crabby!
View attachment 2500670

And who do I find sleeping in the newly cleaned nest box tonight? Picked on Poppy of course. Moved her out. I get tired of cleaning up after her, and the boxes had been closed of for 2 weeks. Bad Poppy!
View attachment 2500671

View attachment 2500672
The Legbar on top is the cranky one. Poppy can go through that opening to go into the annex if she was smart enough. Too dark now.
You can see I didn't get around to cleaning in here. Needs pressure washing too, but that will have to wait for summer. Only 8 of the mob left since Buster Posey died. :hmm
Everybody looks so happy, content and healthy! Good job!

Back
Top Bottom