Granny's gone and done it again

1614647367661.png

@Wishing4Wings are you still awake? I laid in bed for an hour, and was still wide awake, so I returned.
Sorry, I nodded off. Too early, sadly, because I was wide awake at 3am. :hmm
Forcing myself to stay awake until later. Don't want a repeat!

I miss my chickens. They got wiped out .
That was heartbreaking.
A couple months ago I was thinking it was good you didn't have to struggle in the cold to take care of them, though.
I know how much you enjoyed them..

those of you who have auto doors, do you still go out and check on them at night?

that would defeat the purpose for me, but oh well
I did for the first week or so, but now I completely trust it. It's been the best thing.

I would be afraid not all the birds would get in before bedtime.
The one I have can be set on a timer or by light sensor. I set the timer to shut well after sunset... but I learned the hard way. The hens missed getting in before the door shut one evening. We didn't realize until Peach came to the patio door and pecked until we heard her. The others were roosting around the yard. We had a hen hunt by flashlight and got them all safely in the coop... and I set the timer for later! Have to reset it every couple months as the daylight hours change.

Back in the day kings used to throw prisoners to the lions . King George was bored of this practice and decided to do things a little differently. He set up 3 tents. In the first tent was cases of wine, in the second was a lion with an abscessed tooth and the 3rd tent held a nymphomaniac . He told the prisoner you have 5 mins to drink the wine, 10 for the lions tooth and 15 to satisfy the woman. If you can get through all 3 tents I will let you live.
The prisoner walked to the first tent where you could hear the sound of bottles opening and guzzling down the wine and in 5 mins he stumbled out and went to the second tent where they could here growls and screaming and clothes being ripped but to the kings amazement he also stumbled out and he slurred ok, show me the lady with the abscessed tooth

Back
Top Bottom