Granny's gone and done it again

Hokay. First world problems and some of this is my bork up.

So somehow I missed an employee for entering payroll. Ok, poop happens. Looking back I wonder if I somehow had his time card tucked in with his application when I went to enter everything...and then when I put it in my drawer...since my desk has been not so controlled chaos lately.

BossLady is flying to Hawaii right now (must be freakin nice)

soooo....I get a text right as we're getting near the end of WandaVision (yep....I got hooked into that show...this is the LAST EPISODE in which POOP GOES DOWN) so emotional moments and my phone starts going off. Now, bear in mind, this admin has run payroll before I even did. She knows how to do it...but as much as I heart her, she seems incapable of independent critical thinking. So I'm trying to figure things out with her and I'm having to talk her through everything - bear in mind I can't drive down to print off the check myself since hubs took my truck and I don't trust his car that far right now. (I still think it was rain/water related but...) and I say to her look, ok, yeah, do him up a dummy timecard, enter it and cut him the danged check cause 1. he worked and 2. you work, you get paid. it was my bork up.

Oh well, I'm going to ask Yard Foreman if he can wait until Monday. sigh. Head, desk.

Oh is he in the system? oh this oh that? So here I am at this point on my webinar, with the webinar going on my home computer (cause why not) and I'm bringing my lappy over to my desk so I can bring up remote stuff (if it even works - we've been having some HUGE technological gremlins of late) when everything she needs is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER.

...and this is why I had one of our soops say to me that he wishes I would be in the office 5 days a week and her only the 4. (I say NOOOO LEAVE MY FRIDAYS SACRED - but I have the feeling they won't be sacred for long - especially with open enrollment coming up and all the stuff I have to do with that. I'm already doing more wfh today....)

So my day is already weird since I don't have a car and can't run the errands I normally do...my routine is all off...but ugh.
Sorry, life sucks. I am missing my truck so much! And sinus infection dragging me down.

I used to make cornbread like mexican but w/o the heat. Half a can of creamed style corn and shredded cheese. Took a long time to bake but so good. I make sweet and regular cornbread. I think what makes it good is the iron skillet and making sure the skillet is hot before you pour the batter in give it that nice crust.
Howdy all, Been to town shopping. Hurt my back.

ugh, I hope you're feeling better soon Cap! And hopefully they get your truck fixed RIGHT
Thank you. The swap tomorrow is likely to be very cold until about 11 am. My friend has said she will pick me up at 5:30 am, so we can load stuff. I plan to bundle up.

Back
Top Bottom