Granny's gone and done it again

I wont let him. I have told him he cant go. I will go with him. I just cant imagine my world w/o him in it.
I think it’s much better if we can talk about our feelings. I don’t understand why talking about death is such a taboo topic. We are all going to die.

no, he feels his time is near
Well, only by talking about it can you put his mind at ease. Just listen to him. Talking about it isn't going to make it happen or not happen. It's just something he needs to think about and explore, the idea of his own mortality and what happens when you die. Once he is comfortable with it in his own mind, he'll probably move on to other things. So let him talk. Help him to think it through. Relax.

thats great advise Wishing. If I can employ that . I need to mke it my own words. If I said that exactly he would know it wasnt coming from me.
Think of yourself as a coach. A wise and mature person helping him through complex and difficult social situations. Try to get him to explain his side and why he gets so angry (or upset or scared or whatever) and then discuss levels of reaction. It might be legitimate that he's angry, but how he expresses it says more about him than it does about the other person. If he goes overboard for the situation, he will not be taken seriously and will ALWAYS get blamed for causing a problem. He needs to express himself appropriately or he makes himself the problem. Run through some ideas of how he could react. Same way as I'm coaching you now.
He's smart enough to get it, but he's gotten into some very bad habits.
And the bad habits are lazy. Calling names is lazy. Presenting his point of view appropriately takes effort.

Back
Top Bottom