Granny's gone and done it again

I like to do lots of about-faces when my dogs are hyper. Then drop the whole 15 feet of slack into the long line and RUN away from them. Teaches them to watch me and pay attention. Then right turns, left turns, about turns, changes of pace, halts. Everything they know. Sit-stay. Down-stay. Come. Heel. Rapid pace. Tightens them up. Then and only then, can we relax and go for a walk. On a slack LINE, thank you!
Sounds how I used to train.

Today I spread PDZ around smelly areas in the barnyard, and then covered it with a bit of sand. I got 3, 5 gallon buckets of sand near the river today. Cooler down there. Too bad it floods there, would be nice to have a dock. Hubby built a skid to take the canoe up and down the bank of the river, but the river ripped it off and took it away.

I started building a chicken tractor for the young birds. Also put up an ad in one of the chicken groups to sell the 5 light Brahmas I have. They are getting big and eating a lot. I only bought them at TSC because they had bad pasty butt and were two weeks old. Felt they probably wouldn't last much longer there.
20210611_185625.jpg

good night sweet pea.

don't let the critters bit
you jinxed me. I woke up with bites all over me from the waist down. even my ho-ho has bites. My butt looks like it has chicken pox. They are huge, red and itchy. I will be spending the day scratching my arse.
Morning all

Hi everyone. Been in hiding for a bit... virus was trying to get me! Not covid, some upper respiratory cold virus thingy. All 3 menfolk have it and are recovering, finally. I took my zinc like a good girl and didn't get sick.
Now we are dealing with record heat. We opened the house at 7pm when it finally cooled enough outside... 91⁰ inside and outside! Better than 104⁰. Sleep is elusive. I'm up before sunrise to water the garden.
Got a lot of catching up to do.

We cleaned out the coop*, went to town, did shopping, finished outfitting The Kid with more archery equipment and a target, paced off the distance he is to shoot from, reminded him of his lesson, watched him shoot, left him to it, went out to hunt for missing arrows, and praised him when he did well. Cooked and ate artichokes, and treated a chicken for scaley leg mites. 92°F again today. Whew!

*I usually refer to it as the hen house. Late MIL used to say it wasn't a coop (rhymes with "cook.") A coop, she said, is the little crate you use to transport chickens in the back of your pickup to somebody else's place. Anybody else familiar with this usage, or is this strictly regional?
Yes, we always called it a henhouse. I still do. People around here also had laying houses. Not many left now. Southern part of the county was once the Egg Basket of the World!

VERY VERY squirley yesterday. NO interest in treats of loving from Vicki even. BUT first thru the chute , got poured and then out the chute jumping, bouncing, and kicking her hind legs up in the air.
Maybe Curly is experiencing the dreaded hormones. Can't live with em, can't live without em!

Howdy all, Missed everyone last night because I fell asleep in the sucker chair til 12 then went to bed.
Just got home from Friendship flea market. Long hot walk for nothing.
You sound like me! I haven't had enough energy to even get on here. Too bad the flea market was a bust.

Going out to water now. Also have to soak some spots for the hens to keep cool. Catch up later.

Back
Top Bottom