Granny's gone and done it again

Howdy everyone. :frow

I found a flea on her on monday, gave her a bath two days before Thanksgiving, and applied the frontline treatment the day after her bath. Something doesn't add up.

A bath a day before shouldn't affect anything. :hmm
I found that Frontline works better when Scooter hasn't had a bath. Fipronil (the active ingredient) is attracted to oils and is stored in oil glands of the dog's skin. It's much more toxic to insects than mammals, and the oil glands keep tiny amounts of fipronil distributed on the skin to kill fleas and ticks by direct contact.
I usually wait a few days after a bath to apply it, or more often I wait a few days after applying it and then give him a bath if needed. The glands will replace what gets washed away.

I dont know how to turn the flash off on my camera so I cant get it lit up
Block the flash with your finger. :cool:

Tom is trying to give me cash for Christmas because he cant shop and I dont know what to pick. I cant think of anything I really need.
Oil change or winterizing the car?
Kind of practical, but I'm boring like that!

Poor Ashton, my little grandson that lives here, got real sick again. They hurried him to the Drs last night around 8:30. He's coughing so hard that he throws up. That non stop cough, worse than his last cold/cough. Dr said, he'll probably be sick until summer. :/ Day care. Plus this bug is going around. :(. Not so sure I liked what the doc had to say, but talked with the pharmacist while out today, he says it's going around all right, and that his kids have been sick for a month with it. I like pharmacist's. They're pretty knowledgeable, and see what's going on. Told me that Zyrtec helps dry the cough. My son and daughter in-law already have him on an allergy med. It's just going to take time, but...it's so sad!!
Poor little guy. My #2son had similar problems. Nice hot steamy bath would sometimes calm the cough. Helped that we have tiny bathrooms... steam builds up quick.
Our pediatrician said the cough could last for weeks, even months, and absence of fever meant he was not contagious. Of course no covid back then, but he did get swine flu. Remember that? It was bad. Scared the heck out of me.

Welcome back Winter :)

I have to post up Goose howling at the coyotes again the other night. Maybe I'm losing it, but he just sounds so silly at the end of it.

Goose sounds like a bison bull! :lol: #2 got some video of a big guy 🦬 grunting outside the car window in Yellowstone.

well got on the road at 5 pm Friday and back last night about 9 pm. I think I got aobut an hour nap while Vicki drove. Road were great UNTIL just outside of town here. Ground blizzard, pillow drifts and some ice. We were at Gene's (buyer) about 6:30 am. Was good to see Brother and Nephew. I forget what else in a "fog today'

OH and calling for wind gusts of 60 MPH until this evening. Which means what snow we did get will blow over to Minnesota.
Glad you made it home safe

I have some of this, but Dr said I couldn't use it because I was taking Meloxicam, 3 months later she changed Meloxicam to pull form of voltarin, it helped all my inflamed arthritis points except my right hip--sacroiliac joints this the reason for the xray
I hope its nothing too serious

Back
Top Bottom