Granny's gone and done it again

Goodnight Granny. Wishing, do them poppies bloom all summer or just a short time?
Most of the summer here. We don't water, and they will dry out and die back around Sept, if they don't get mowed first.
Made for dry summers, they have an orange taproot (looks like a little carrot) that stores water to get them through the summer. Taproot stays dormant until after the spring rains start and puts up a new plant. They reseed like crazy and can be invasive if conditions are right. Don't think they survive cold snowy winters, you'd have to reseed in the spring.

20210420_105316.jpg

i had to put vaseline on my birds, and i went on a trip for the weekend so the nest box had 7 eggs in it, and i gave them all of the eggs.. and now stilts is covered in yolk.. just thought i'd share.
Don’t teach them to eat eggs
absolutely agreed.. but it's a habit now
found a good book everyone should read. Atomic habits.

Robert got a Christmas present early. It was Elk,Buffalo and Venison meet sticks. I tasted all 3. They were hot. Sort of a disappointment for me as I tasted the heat, not the meat. It came with a sample of their chocolates which I didnt like either. Robert enjoyed the sticks.
He can have heat with his IBD ?

Back
Top Bottom