Granny's gone and done it again

I think @cherrynberry can help me with this one. I candled all of the eggs I got from the other lady that I sell because last week my GirlChild got two that actually had developed chicks in them. šŸ˜• Most of the yolks were loose and floating, so I candled some of mine, which I know are no more than a week old. None of mine were loose. Does this mean hers are NOT fresh and I should not sell them? I am really worried. I need to know this TODAY. Anyone? I only want to sell FRESH eggs!
Perhaps try a float test or crack one open. Its hard to picture what you are describing. Candling is definitely a good idea too. It can reveal any eggs with cracks as well as if there's a chick inside. Definitely don't want to sell eggs with chicks developing in them!

Here's a good video showing how to determine how fresh an egg is:

I did crack a couple open and they look okay. The whites do seem a little thin and watery and the chalazae seem quite large - I could actually see them when candling, that's why I opened one. I know a really bad egg will float to the top. I'll float a couple of these and see what they do, thanks.

Perhaps try a float test or crack one open. Its hard to picture what you are describing. Candling is definitely a good idea too. It can reveal any eggs with cracks as well as if there's a chick inside. Definitely don't want to sell eggs with chicks developing in them!

Here's a good video showing how to determine how fresh an egg is:
Thanks, Cherry.

he asked me about getting the mom vetted. I cant do that.
He can use his money...
unless he spent it already.

Our 44th anniversary coming up Saturday!
Congrats!
I love the art piece in your profile pic... geologic time! That was from before you moved? I hope it went to somebody who appreciates it.

He can use his money...
unless he spent it already.

Congrats!
I love the art piece in your profile pic... geologic time! That was from before you moved? I hope it went to somebody who appreciates it.
Thank you, yes, the people really love it! It is in FL.

Back
Top Bottom