Granny's gone and done it again

Groomers hate them. They want breeders to remove them. They actually use them
Scooter had front dewclaws and they were a real pain to clip... mostly because he was a pain!
I think all of our other dogs had them, but no problem keeping them trimmed.
I didn't get a choice with Pi, but with the way he uses his legs I could see them causing some problems.

Does AKC make it part of the breed standard to keep or remove them?
Like Doberman ears... seems they have to be cut to show them. I love a Dobie with long ears.

Scooter had front dewclaws and they were a real pain to clip... mostly because he was a pain!
I think all of our other dogs had them, but no problem keeping them trimmed.
I didn't get a choice with Pi, but with the way he uses his legs I could see them causing some problems.

Does AKC make it part of the breed standard to keep or remove them?
Like Doberman ears... seems they have to be cut to show them. I love a Dobie with long ears.
I have come to believe that dogs should not be mutilated in any way for vanity's sake. Some big dogs with muscular tails may need them docked because they can hurt themselves and I do support surgical altering (spay/neuter), but that's all.

I have come to believe that dogs should not be mutilated in any way for vanity's sake. Some big dogs with muscular tails may need thrm docked because they csn hurt themselves and I do support surgical altering (spay/neuter), but that's all.
I agree. And some breeds have problems that seem purposely created, like Frenchies that cannot breed or deliver pups naturally, and so many pug nosed types that require corrective surgery just to breathe.

Back
Top Bottom