Granny's gone and done it again

Such a wide variety could be a bit confusing.
@microchick Keep your eyes wide open for some serious sexual abuse from that community, those problems tend to be quite prevalent among that type of amish. My mom grew up in a community similar to the ones you live amoungst and her dad sexually abused all 5 of his daughters. He was never properly punished for his wrong doing, basically just a slap on the back of the hand and told to stop doing it. Come to find out in later years, the same people that were responsible for "punishing that behavior" were sexually involved with their own daughters as well, so why would they "punish" him. That type of abuse usually follows them for the rest of their life. My mother still won't discuss certain things because of the trauma it caused her.

Some people buy from the puppy mills in order "rescue" the puppies. That plays right into encouraging more puppy milling. The ones that do the puppy mills catch on pretty quick concerning the people that "rescue" from the puppy mills and will intentionally target those potential buyers.
The good part is that there are communities that will not allow their members to have more than two breeding females at any given time, or else they are simply not allowed to do any puppy milling. They have my respect for that.
Wouldn't be the least bit surprised. We have wondered about that ourselves, sadly enough. There are one or two really strange individuals in the community that we wouldn't put anything past.

Our cattle dogs came from one of the local farms. They had stopped feeding them and we knew what was coming next. We love ACDs and couldn't stand by and see that happen to 5 big eyed affection starved 3 month old puppies so we rescued them.

It's been an adventure. Out of 5, four survived and we love them dearly. They will be 4 in January and we have no regrets saving their little lives.

Such a wide variety could be a bit confusing.
@microchick Keep your eyes wide open for some serious sexual abuse from that community, those problems tend to be quite prevalent among that type of amish. My mom grew up in a community similar to the ones you live amoungst and her dad sexually abused all 5 of his daughters. He was never properly punished for his wrong doing, basically just a slap on the back of the hand and told to stop doing it. Come to find out in later years, the same people that were responsible for "punishing that behavior" were sexually involved with their own daughters as well, so why would they "punish" him. That type of abuse usually follows them for the rest of their life. My mother still won't discuss certain things because of the trauma it caused her.

Some people buy from the puppy mills in order "rescue" the puppies. That plays right into encouraging more puppy milling. The ones that do the puppy mills catch on pretty quick concerning the people that "rescue" from the puppy mills and will intentionally target those potential buyers.
The good part is that there are communities that will not allow their members to have more than two breeding females at any given time, or else they are simply not allowed to do any puppy milling. They have my respect for that.
It makes me mad that men continue to get away with those abuses. They should be castrated, IMO.

They will certainly be recompensed according to the things they have done, no question about that!
My mom is still amish.
We are shunned in various degrees depending on where the siblings live and what's expected of them.
I have three siblings that have left the lifestyle. One brother and two brother-in-laws are ordained ministers in the amish communities.
Overall the rest of my siblings are either friendly or as the very least civil to us.
The ban is horrible. You are a courageous person, Troyer to walk away from it. I wish more were as strong.

A family of 13....or more...is typical of the average Amish family size around here. What amazes me is to see these young boys, 7-8 years old go down the road with a big hay wagon being pulled by two big draft horses. They start working with no time to be young people.

And your poor mother....my mom was sexually abused by her father and physically abused by uncles. It left emotional scars and illness on her that followed her her entire life so I know what she (your mother) endured and still does.

Troyer - strength and peace to your mother.

Bonk - ugh. darned plagues!!! welcome back!

This payroll has been nothing but unmitigated flockery. Dog help the superintendent when I see him in the morning...especially since the two foremen that I'm most vexed with...well, they're lucky they will have him as a buffer, cause if I was fluent in Spanish...I'd be giving them GRIEF.

But then again, maybe they'd do things right after....ugh!

8:30 and I still have more to do but nuts to it, gotta take the trash out, do dishes, and get up way too early tomorrow. Debating taking hubs' beast tomorrow, the battery in my car is showing its age (no issues yet but it's giving me fair warning) and since it's my turn to grab the coffee, cup holders might be nice. Yes, my old beast of a commuter doesn't have cupholders lol.

Troyer - strength and peace to your mother.

Bonk - ugh. darned plagues!!! welcome back!

This payroll has been nothing but unmitigated flockery. Dog help the superintendent when I see him in the morning...especially since the two foremen that I'm most vexed with...well, they're lucky they will have him as a buffer, cause if I was fluent in Spanish...I'd be giving them GRIEF.

But then again, maybe they'd do things right after....ugh!

8:30 and I still have more to do but nuts to it, gotta take the trash out, do dishes, and get up way too early tomorrow. Debating taking hubs' beast tomorrow, the battery in my car is showing its age (no issues yet but it's giving me fair warning) and since it's my turn to grab the coffee, cup holders might be nice. Yes, my old beast of a commuter doesn't have cupholders lol.
My batterys going too There over $100 now.

Back
Top Bottom