Granny's gone and done it again

Howdy all, I'm going to be making Oatmeal Peanutbutter Chocolate chip cookies. We will be taking them along to a family Thanksgiving get together. I'm hoping to make six-ish dozen.
Did 26 and 1/2 dozen molasses cookies last night. After almost burning up my mixer. UFFDA. did the first triple batch and had everything going fine until I added the flour. Mixer started bogging down FINALLY realized I had forgotten to add the crisco. :barnie:he:he:he

Which is now $9.99 a can up here. :mad:

I miss my Schnauzers. I had two. Jamie was a thank you gift from helping with his mom's whelping when he was born and Kitt, a little girl. He lost his vision when he was 7 and would follow me around sniffing the air to find me. When I let him out he would walk till he bumped the chain link fence with his nose, then put his shoulder against the fence and walk around the yard back to the house.

One night my brother was there, he walked over to him, set down, sniffed his leg, and when my brother reached down to pet him, jerked away, stood and sniffed the air till he found me, walked over, sniffed my leg and set down by me. He was a sweet heart.

Kitt was...well...hard to love. She was bossy, mean to the other dogs (she would bury their 'outside' food that we had out for them when we were at work in straw and then fight the other dogs away from it, and fight whenever she got the chance.. Vet couldn't figure out why they (the other dogs) were losing weight. I figured it out and fixed the problem. They immediately gained weight.

But Schnauzers are such wonderful dogs. I had a standard schnauzer/terrier cross that was just a super dog. Bunny was always happy. I think I could write a book about the dogs that owned me.

@CapricornFarm. Saw pics of that shed on The Old Folks Home. I'm envious!
Isn't it wonderful?

Did 26 and 1/2 dozen molasses cookies last night. After almost burning up my mixer. UFFDA. did the first triple batch and had everything going fine until I added the flour. Mixer started bogging down FINALLY realized I had forgotten to add the crisco. :barnie:he:he:he

Which is now $9.99 a can up here. :mad:
I vow to finish your present this year Twist. You are going to love it!

Back
Top Bottom