Granny's gone and done it again

I think Bandit being a pita is what keeps him fun to be around.
Pi actually barked at something for the first time. I think is was the neighbor doing some rare work near the fence. He could hear but not see, and he let out a couple good deep woofs... then promptly retreated to the safety of the garage! Whippets are not guard dogs.

1670003058346.png

And now the ground is wet from the rain and his digging has kicked into overdrive! I wouldn't mind so much if he was going after gophers, but no, he's after roots. That he eats. :rolleyes:

It's time for his morning exercise. We have an hour before the hens' door opens. He can't be out in the big yard when the girls are out. We'll play ball to wear him down.
Those roots should save on dog food. My dogs seem to prefer rabbits.

Hi All. Spent yesterday finishing up on Christmas cards. Still have some odds and ends to do before they are ready to go. Set last night addressing and watching old Charlie Chaplain movies with my husband. They were silents and we were laughing our heads off at him.

Our two oldest dogs love to hunt for their own food. Unfortunately our first cattle dog taught them how to kill rabbits. He came upon a nest of half grown bunnies, grabbed one, wounded it and laid it at the then pups' feet, took another for himself and left. Even more unfortunate was that DH and I were standing there and witnessed the whole thing. Buck and Spot, our brother and sister dogs were about 5 months old at the time, they looked at that poor little rabbit and suddenly something clicked with Buck who is a hound border collie mix. He grabbed the rabbit, finished it off and trotted off to enjoy it. Spot found another rabbit in the nest and followed suit. It was hard to watch for sure.

The big problem was when we took them into the vet for their vaccines and tests, both came up with tape worms. Thanks to their addiction to rabbit meat it's been a constant problem with those two. Vet said that Spot was about ten pounds too heavy and should be on a diet. DH told her good luck. We try to put her on a diet and she goes out and hunts for her own food, rabbits, field mice, she doesn't care. We have tried, Vet stood with her mouth hanging. The Tech said she could sympathize, she had a fat cat who would do the same thing.

Guess I got to trot out and take care of the feather heads. It's been mild here today but the wind has been gusting in the 30s making it feel a lot chillier than it is. Plus today was grocery day. DH went and picked up our order, turned it over to me to be put away. Man, 300 dollars just doesn't buy much any more.

Back
Top Bottom