Granny's gone and done it again

Who needs a laugh? Saw this one on the internet.

Fresh from my shower, I stand in front of the mirror complaining to my husband that my breasts are too small. Instead of characteristically telling me it's not so, he uncharacteristically comes up with a suggestion.

"If you want your breasts to grow, then every day take a piece of toilet paper and rub it between them for a few seconds"

Willing to try anything, I fetched a piece of toilet paper and stood in front of the mirror, rubbing it between my breasts.

"How long will this take?" I asked.

"They will grow larger over a period of years," my husband replies.

I stopped.

"Do you really think rubbing a piece of toilet paper between my breasts every day will make my breasts larger over the years?"

Without missing a beat he says: "Worked for your butt, didn't it?"

He's still alive, and with a great deal of therapy, he may even walk again although he will probably continue to take his meals through a straw.
:oops:

No, but one was an Fayoumi. Neither presented with paralysis. Diarrhea, weight loss, not eating, just lethargic and pitiful. I put the rooster down, the hen rallied but then died. Thought maybe parasites at first but there was no response to the worming medicine.

That's when somebody mentioned that it could be botulism. Yeah, but now looking back, there wasn't any paralysis like they say happens in botulism.

Crap, now back to square one as to what killed them.

Thanks for the tip on the pred. I've got a bottle. I'll see if I can't whittle down a small piece and give it to her tonight.
When I had it mareks it was a necropsy that told me. My flock now must be immune because I haven’t lost any new birds. I did lose a rooster but when I had him checked they told my it was a type of cancer that looks like mareks Need to look up the name.

Who needs a laugh? Saw this one on the internet.

Fresh from my shower, I stand in front of the mirror complaining to my husband that my breasts are too small. Instead of characteristically telling me it's not so, he uncharacteristically comes up with a suggestion.

"If you want your breasts to grow, then every day take a piece of toilet paper and rub it between them for a few seconds"

Willing to try anything, I fetched a piece of toilet paper and stood in front of the mirror, rubbing it between my breasts.

"How long will this take?" I asked.

"They will grow larger over a period of years," my husband replies.

I stopped.

"Do you really think rubbing a piece of toilet paper between my breasts every day will make my breasts larger over the years?"

Without missing a beat he says: "Worked for your butt, didn't it?"

He's still alive, and with a great deal of therapy, he may even walk again although he will probably continue to take his meals through a straw.
:oops:
Lol

No, but one was an Fayoumi. Neither presented with paralysis. Diarrhea, weight loss, not eating, just lethargic and pitiful. I put the rooster down, the hen rallied but then died. Thought maybe parasites at first but there was no response to the worming medicine.

That's when somebody mentioned that it could be botulism. Yeah, but now looking back, there wasn't any paralysis like they say happens in botulism.

Crap, now back to square one as to what killed them.

Thanks for the tip on the pred. I've got a bottle. I'll see if I can't whittle down a small piece and give it to her tonight.
Botulism is an anaerobic disease. It can only live very low oxygen.

When I had it mareks it was a necropsy that told me. My flock now must be immune because I haven’t lost any new birds. I did lose a rooster but when I had him checked they told my it was a type of cancer that looks like mareks Need to look up the name.
I don't think I've lost a bird for about 5 years now to anything I can say for sure is Marek's. I have been attempting to breed for resistance for over 4 years using local resistant stock, vaccinated bantams and Egyptian Fayoumis.

Most of my birds have died at 18 months, the youngest at 9 weeks and then some averaged one year at the youngest. I haven't lost any birds to MD over the age of 2. Right now my oldest birds are 6 yrs and younger. My youngest were hatched in this past spring.

I never had a necropsy done for a diagnosis. I was lucky if you want to put it that way, to have a few birds present with ocular Marek's. My husband got his hand held microscope out that he used to use on patients in nursing homes and checked the eyes on those birds and gave me the diagnosis of ocular herpes which (herpes) equals Marek's disease. I was ready to send a bird to MIZZOU's veterinary college for necropsy but after that didn't see the need to spend the money when I already knew that my birds had ocular MD.

Most of my birds died from tumors, the worst one was a beautiful and sweet rooster who had developed rapidly growing growths in his throat. But I did lose some to neurological as well as ocular MD.

1670451897264.png

Back
Top Bottom