Granny's gone and done it again

I think Pert it was a fallen woman washing Jesus feet. It used to be a favorite story of mine. Shame I cant remember now.
Yea, I couldn't recall exactly, had to refresh my memory. Luke, ch. 7 speaks of Mary Magdalene washing Jesus feet with her tears and drying them with her hair, then she puts perfume on them.

I think Pert it was a fallen woman washing Jesus feet. It used to be a favorite story of mine. Shame I cant remember now.
Luke 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.

Here is a version closer to our English.
Luke 7:44-48 Turning to the woman, he said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered into your house, and you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head. You gave me no kiss, but she, since the time I came in, has not ceased to kiss my feet. You didn't anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little." He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." World English Bible

Luke 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
Thank you Troyer. I love this story..

Back
Top Bottom