Granny's gone and done it again

It stayed warm last night, in the 50s.
It was also very windy. We had an unpleasant surprise this morning, although it really wasn't too surprising.
Big oak went over. It's right in front of the house.
20230126_072422.jpg

20230126_075642.jpg

20230126_073453.jpg

So far the only damage was to the movable carport cover. Didn't tear the tarp but bent poles. The 2 cars parked under and right in front were amazingly unscathed. And no damage at all to the house foundation or walkway.
Tree keeps shifting and dropping lower. Big branches are cracking under the weight. We moved everything away in the meantime.

This just happened 30 mins ago. New crack dead center of the pic and a lower branch broke. We need some caution tape!
20230126_130602.jpg

I think you should stay here. I like to hear different points of view, whether I agree or not. It's how we learn... every day! We are free to join the debate or let it slide, always with love and respect.
I dont disagree with this. as yall know I stay out of those convos but I would never stop someone from voicing their opinion . As long as no hard feelings comes from it. I enjoy talking to both of you and I hope you can put your differences aside.

We went to the Mexican place to eat. Nancy got the buffet and I ordered a Tbone. Half of it was fork tender and I couldnt even cut the other half. Its sitting on the bar. We shared a margarita lol That was plenty. Then we went to goodwill where I bought some much needed spoons. and I waited in the van while she ran into krogers for me. 12 pack of pop was $8.00 :eek:

I dont disagree with this. as yall know I stay out of those convos but I would never stop someone from voicing their opinion . As long as no hard feelings comes from it. I enjoy talking to both of you and I hope you can put your differences aside.
I thought we were having a civil conversation. I respect everyone’s opinion. I will not be made to feel bad because I don’t believe mainstream media.
But I also don’t want Granny to feel bad. Like I said I didn’t feel like anyone was arguing or being disrespectful. I can go vent on the covid thread.
They are not trying to silence us anymore since all the evidence is out.

It was also very windy. We had an unpleasant surprise this morning, although it really wasn't too surprising.
View attachment 3387175

View attachment 3387177

View attachment 3387176

So far the only damage was to the movable carport cover. Didn't tear the tarp but bent poles. The 2 cars parked under and right in front were amazingly unscathed. And no damage at all to the house foundation or walkway.
Tree keeps shifting and dropping lower. Big branches are cracking under the weight. We moved everything away in the meantime.

This just happened 30 mins ago. New crack dead center of the pic and a lower branch broke. We need some caution tape!
View attachment 3387179
That is very scary. Hey have had the park where I walk closed since NYE. TOO DANGEROUS. IT IS FILLED WITH OLD, OLD OAK TREES. MANY Trees are in THE SAME STATE as wishing tree.

I thought we were having a civil conversation. I respect everyone’s opinion. I will not be made to feel bad because I don’t believe mainstream media.
But I also don’t want Granny to feel bad. Like I said I didn’t feel like anyone was arguing or being disrespectful. I can go vent on the covid thread.
They are not trying to silence us anymore since all the evidence is out.
I could of worded that better H2o, Your convo didnt bother me.

That is very scary. Hey have had the park where I walk closed since NYE. TOO DANGEROUS. IT IS FILLED WITH OLD, OLD OAK TREES. MANY Trees are in THE SAME STATE as wishing tree.
Hubs has been taking care to keep this oak trimmed away from the house, so it fell away, thank goodness. We have been thinking about cutting it down for years, but it's hard to let go of something so beautiful. Decision has been made for us. Now we'll have firewood! We will call a professional to cut it up. Too dangerous I think.

We went to the Mexican place to eat. Nancy got the buffet and I ordered a Tbone. Half of it was fork tender and I couldnt even cut the other half. Its sitting on the bar. We shared a margarita lol That was plenty. Then we went to goodwill where I bought some much needed spoons. and I waited in the van while she ran into krogers for me. 12 pack of pop was $8.00 :eek:
Should have got a doggy bag for the tough stuff! Mmmmm margarita. Been years and years since I've had that.

View attachment 3387175

View attachment 3387177

View attachment 3387176

View attachment 3387179
Is it because the soil is over saturated?

Back
Top Bottom