Granny's gone and done it again

Got a quote for the tree this morning. $2,200 šŸ˜³ and that's no hauling chips or wood for them.
I have another guy coming for an estimate tomorrow 9am and one on Mon morning from a guy who's worked with us before. They sure aren't hurting for business.

We lost our lovely little Lupin the other morning. He was 15 or 16 yrs old. Died in my hands. He lost some toe tips at a young age when he landed on the bunny cage and Chicory chomped him. Avian vet said he was lucky to survive the blood loss. He had a good long life.
View attachment 3388116
View attachment 3388213
Now I'm looking for a home for the other parakeet that flew into the yard a few years back and became an unhappy companion to Lupin. She is not tame at all, but should be with another bird. I might try Craigslist or our feed store. They are good and finding homes for critters.
View attachment 3388212
Your Lupin was beautiful, Wishing, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you find a good home for his reluctant companion, she is pretty too. I'd love to have budgies again but my cats would stress them out.

What? Sardines are one of the finest foods out there!!
:drool :drool :drool :drool :drool
Wonderful, you can have my share. Also my beets. šŸ¤¢

Yes, I got dealt a pretty good hand, gene wise. I have a confession though, I did have a problem last November... pretty serious heart attack. Went to the ER in the morning, got tests, sent to San Francisco for angiography that afternoon, where they found a 90% blockage in the biggest artery and put in a stent. I was back home the next day. Little more than 24 hr ordeal. All the other arteries are clear and I don't have high cholesterol or any other problems. Just have to take some meds for a year, and blood thinners forever. I won't see the cardiologist for a year. He said my problem is fixed, I'm otherwise healthy and can go another 30 yrs.
Ah, this explains why we did not see you for so long back then? We were very worried about you.

I made and canned around 20 quarts of beef stew and every one of them spoiled! Tons of $ down the drain.
Did you use a pressure canner, Granny?

10 greats.. :)
You're not a grandma/great-grandma, Cynthia, you're the matriarch of a village! ā¤ļø

Meet Naga, she gonns be a outside puppy but brought her in while unloading car
View attachment 3388868
Adorbs, what is she?

No, no, no. I read a post on Pinterest from a Chief who said that the problem with Native Americans is that they set too much on blood quantum. That if people with any degree of Native Blood would stand up and say I AM NATIVE AMERICAN the numbers in tribes would blossom.

Also another said that he had seen people with 1/500th quantum who respected the elders and kept up the traditions better than people who were 100% quantum Native.

My great and great great grandmother were Cherokee. I AM CHEROKEE! And very proud of the fact.
My ancestry is Central American but like most of you I don't have the papers to prove it. Our family historian says we are Aztec and Spanish. And also like some of you, I am not willing to give anyone my DNA just to satisfy my curiosity. I am a third-generation American and a child of God, and that's all I need to know. My "cultural heritage" is 100% all-American. When I have to fill out paperwork asking what I feel are invasive questions, I put: Race? Human; Ethnicity? American.

ETA: and IMO there is nothing to be proud of in any of that, because I had no hand in it. It's by the grace of God that I was born here, and I'm grateful for it.

We wanto see pics as she grows ... and grows! How old is she in this pic?
She is 8 weeks currently. Very big boned but also fluffy, like four inches of fluff so at the moment can slip through the goat fencing :oops: for that reason missy got moved into the garden area. She a full on character though :love

She is 8 weeks currently. Very big boned but also fluffy, like four inches of fluff so at the moment can slip through the goat fencing :oops: for that reason missy got moved into the garden area. She a full on character though :love
No doubt, can see it in her eyes. Bet she has also got you wrapped around her heart already, too!

Pi had a big day... nose tucked under his tail.
20230128_184251.jpg

Back
Top Bottom