Granny's gone and done it again

Sigh. I have 23 hens and a rooster in an 8x10 coop, it's a bit crowded but they do okay. I'd love to have another coop where I could have a separate flock to do some breeding. I'd need fencing to prevent flyovers as well as the coop. Probably a pipe dream. I also want my existing coop wired for electricity, lights installed and have it set on blocks. And I can't afford any of it! :lau

Sigh. I have 23 hens and a rooster in an 8x10 coop, it's a bit crowded but they do okay. I'd love to have another coop where I could have a separate flock to do some breeding. I'd need fencing to prevent flyovers as well as the coop. Probably a pipe dream. I also want my existing coop wired for electricity, lights installed and have it set on blocks. And I can't afford any of it! :lau
I'm taking inspo from gamefowl fly pens ngl for my OEGB. Between cost and what not I rather not risk them.

The ferals are gonna get hoop coops, basically mansons compared to the tree and pig gate they sleep on :gig

Silkies and moxie are getting a playhouse turned into a garden coop.

We got a chicken run for layers, just the "coop" aka metal shed sucks major so convinced dad lets just make a hoop coop there for them. Plus I am tossing every metal waterer and those feeders :smack we upgrading to no waste feeders, pvc feeders and those red cup automatic watering systems.

Will be also with parents help (since I have a dubious history with electrical...) refurb a redwood incubator I bought as a teen. Youth me was smart and saw value when we had it offered.

Gmorning all, Phil seen his shadow. 6 more weeks of winter which isnt that long away.
PHIL.jpg
Phil had to sleep pretty late to see his shadow down here. Sun didn't appear until 5 o'clock.

Wishing, did your tree trimmers finish up?
They did! We still have quite a bit of work to do, but luckily hubs can borrow a splitter from a guy at work. It's going to take us awhile.
We haven't been able to see the road from the house for 20 yrs. The yard is much bigger now!
20230202_162845.jpg

Back
Top Bottom