Granny's gone and done it again

Peanut butter raisin cream pie, fresh made this afternoon.
e59e7291-8ede-47ae-beb4-abd50ab918cb-jpeg.3441678

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches! People here can't believe it. I'm from the South, a long time ago.
That's a south thing? We did peanut butter and banana all the time up north.

Well, went to tuck in the hens/check on Buffy...and found her on the ground on her side, unable to support herself at all. Husband says she was out and about this morning but...I'm guessing temperature dropped and it was just too much for her. She was five.

Keeping an eye on the rest of the flock for obvious reasons, but I have not seen any other signs of anything yet (knock on wood). Hubs was worried about bird flu, but she hasn't had any respiratory troubles. No coughing or sneezing, wheezing, or struggling to breathe.

per USDA:

Early detection is vital to prevent the spread of HPAI. Here’s what to look for:
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF AVIAN INFLUENZA?
• Sudden death without any prior symptoms of illness
• Lack of energy and appetite
• A drop in egg production or soft-shelled, misshapen eggs
• Swelling of the eyelids, comb, wattles, and shanks
• Purple discoloration of the wattles, comb, and legs
• Gasping for air (difficulty breathing)
• Nasal discharge, coughing, sneezing
• Twisting of the head and neck (torticollis)
• Stumbling or falling down
• Diarrhea

Well, she had lack of energy, but still had appetite, and the stumbling, which I attributed to arthritis.

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches! People here can't believe it. I'm from the South, a long time ago.
My kids grew up on PB&B sammiches! And I'm from Denver, nothing "Southern" about me! My favorite is peanut butter and dill pickle, though, go figure! And no, my mom was not from the South, either!

Well, went to tuck in the hens/check on Buffy...and found her on the ground on her side, unable to support herself at all. Husband says she was out and about this morning but...I'm guessing temperature dropped and it was just too much for her. She was five.

Keeping an eye on the rest of the flock for obvious reasons, but I have not seen any other signs of anything yet (knock on wood). Hubs was worried about bird flu, but she hasn't had any respiratory troubles. No coughing or sneezing, wheezing, or struggling to breathe.

per USDA:

Early detection is vital to prevent the spread of HPAI. Here’s what to look for:
• Diarrhea

Well, she had lack of energy, but still had appetite, and the stumbling, which I attributed to arthritis.
I am so sorry

per USDA:

• Diarrhea

"Was"? Did you put her down? :hugs

Back
Top Bottom