Granny's gone and done it again

@BigBlueHen53 , you guys are WAY ahead of us up here in the great white north of Missouri. My Iris are just starting to come up. Frankly the weather has been less than spring like in this part of the state. 41° here yesterday with rain. More rain tonight through the weekend.

Haven't been around much but been thinking of y'all. My arthritis has been screaming at me the past few weeks and I've been spending a lot of time riding the sofa.

@CapricornFarm I hear you about the fatigue. The more I do the more tired I get and the more I want to sleep thanks to the pain from overdoing it.

I woke up one day after taking an hour and a half nap and told my husband I didn't know what was wrong with me. I had slept 8 hours the night before.

His reply. You are going to be 70 this year. That's what's wrong.

Frankly I didn't like that answer too much.:th

So how has everyone been here at Granny's place?
The steroids are helping me work, but if i don't get enough sleep, my batteries run down.
Last night i fell asleep on the sofa and woke up at 4 am. Not much point in putting the animals away at that point. So i went out as soon as i woke up and took pills, to get them all fed and watered. It is 84° now. Time to rest until it cools off some. And maybe a nap.

So far, the 12 chicks that survived the trip from the hatchery are doing ok. I can't seem to find any 125 watt heat bulbs. I put a 250 watt in the lamp, and worried about it all last night while i was at the ceramics class. It was really hot in the storage bin, but they didn't seem to mind it. I will have to watch for pasty butt.

The steroids are helping me work, but if i don't get enough sleep, my batteries run down.
Last night i fell asleep on the sofa and woke up at 4 am. Not much point in putting the animals away at that point. So i went out as soon as i woke up and took pills, to get them all fed and watered. It is 84° now. Time to rest until it cools off some. And maybe a nap.
Sorry you have a fur baby that isn't feeling well. It's like having a sick child. They can't tell you where they hurt before they can talk so you have to offer support and play a waiting game till symptoms come together.

Hope things go better for them.

Steroids? I wish. I think I would feel so much better if I could take them to get the joint inflammation settled down. Doctor said only if my life depended on it. as it was contraindicated given my intestinal bleed I had. As it is I can only do Tylenol, RX pain meds and rest. Wonder some times if the pain is causing the fatigue. You know the feeling.

Wish we lived closer we could help one another out with our critters.

I've been thinking about you. I have little Abe Lincoln seedling tomatoes coming out of my ears! Even passed some seeds on to a friend to start. So appreciative! Both of us.

Sorry you have a fur baby that isn't feeling well. It's like having a sick child. They can't tell you where they hurt before they can talk so you have to offer support and play a waiting game till symptoms come together.

Hope things go better for them.

Steroids? I wish. I think I would feel so much better if I could take them to get the joint inflammation settled down. Doctor said only if my life depended on it. as it was contraindicated given my intestinal bleed I had. As it is I can only do Tylenol, RX pain meds and rest. Wonder some times if the pain is causing the fatigue. You know the feeling.

Wish we lived closer we could help one another out with our critters.

I've been thinking about you. I have little Abe Lincoln seedling tomatoes coming out of my ears! Even passed some seeds on to a friend to start. So appreciative! Both of us.
I just planted some tomato seeds and marigold seeds myself.

So far, the 12 chicks that survived the trip from the hatchery are doing ok. I can't seem to find any 125 watt heat bulbs. I put a 250 watt in the lamp, and worried about it all last night while i was at the ceramics class. It was really hot in the storage bin, but they didn't seem to mind it. I will have to watch for pasty butt.
I can only find 250 here. I always feel like I'm gonna wake up to crispy nuggets

Years ago our neighbors had a pig farm and the sows had the piglets out in the field in those half round quanzet huts. This quanzet happened to be beside a 12" in diameter tree with low hanging branches. As the sows had their piglets the farmers would go out there, to dock the tail and trim their teeth. They had four people doing it to make sure none of the piglets got away while they worked on them. One person watched the sows to give an alert if they got a bit huffy. Of course the piglets would squeal while they handled them. There was the one sow that had had her piglets and left them at the quanzet and was eating at the feeder when she heard one of her piglets squealing. She gave a GRUNT and came running at "mach one" speed, grunting/huffing the whole way to the quanzet, the lookout guy says, here she comes you better run!
One of the guys, instead of letting go of the sqealing piglet, he just hopped onto the quanzet thinking he'd be safe there.
Boy was he wrong! The mama pig went right after him, running him in several circles around the quanzet. By then he had dropped the piglet, but the sow wasn't done with him yet. She pushed him so hard he thought his life was seriously in danger. She ended up treeing him in that 12" tree right beside the quanzet. When she realized she couldn't get him, she turned her attention to the other guys. One by one she put all four guys into their own trees. She kept all four guys "treed" for two and a half hours! One of the neighbors drove by and saw what was going on and brought his tractor to "rescue" them.
:gig:lau:gig

@BigBlueHen53 , you guys are WAY ahead of us up here in the great white north of Missouri. My Iris are just starting to come up. Frankly the weather has been less than spring like in this part of the state. 41° here yesterday with rain. More rain tonight through the weekend.

Haven't been around much but been thinking of y'all. My arthritis has been screaming at me the past few weeks and I've been spending a lot of time riding the sofa.

@CapricornFarm I hear you about the fatigue. The more I do the more tired I get and the more I want to sleep thanks to the pain from overdoing it.

I woke up one day after taking an hour and a half nap and told my husband I didn't know what was wrong with me. I had slept 8 hours the night before.

His reply. You are going to be 70 this year. That's what's wrong.

Frankly I didn't like that answer too much.:th

So how has everyone been here at Granny's place?
Like you, the same, I'll be 70 this year too. 😅 I can't count the times I've heard..because of your age ..the last couple of weeks. We are having yet another snow storm. Had lightening and thunder as well. Middle of March. Have yet to see our normal Temps for this month.

Back
Top Bottom