Granny's gone and done it again

20230527_153709.jpg

Four of my chicks are getting these big black tails. EEs are always hard for me to sex ... but two have smaller tails and are smaller overall, plus they generally act more meek and feminine than the four with the black tails, who are more bold and pushy. I would say the one at the far left is a pullet, as is the middle one of the three at center. She has black feathers in her tail, but her tail feathers are short and rounded, where the other four's are starting to arch out. What do y'all think?

Glad you're feeling better! Donated 13 dozen eggs to the Bread Shed today. Glad they can be used but sure wish I had customers for them. I'm starting to think I have 4 cockerels and 2 pullets instead of the other way around. Hope to see pics of your swan vase!
I will post once i get pics.

View attachment 3520716

Four of my chicks are getting these big black tails. EEs are always hard for me to sex ... but two have smaller tails and are smaller overall, plus they generally act more meek and feminine than the four with the black tails, who are more bold and pushy. I would say the one at the far left is a pullet, as is the middle one of the three at center. She has black feathers in her tail, but her tail feathers are short and rounded, where the other four's are starting to arch out. What do y'all think?
I think you're right.

Back
Top Bottom