Granny's gone and done it again

Busy day. Have been trying to save an old hen for the past few days. Not really sure what's wrong other than her age, 10 yrs. She eats just enough to give me hope.
Then Pi was coughing and spitting up all afternoon. I think he snarfed something (foxtail) up his nose a couple days ago, and it worked it's way through and stuck in the back of his throat. He's better now. Made him chicken and rice for dinner and that seems to have settled his stomach. Thank goodness.
And #1 found an unwanted visitor right outside, in Pi's part of yard. Very lucky I had him inside to monitor the barfing.
View attachment 3528316
Just a baby, but Pi probably would have gotten bit because everything is a toy to him... although, he was leery of the toad last night, so maybe he'd keep away from a rattler. Maybe.
Baby rattlers are dangerous. They don’t regulate their vemon. They give it all. We have snake prevention class here.

Oof! What did you do with it? Pretty markings, do you know what kind it is? My brother's dog used to get bit on the regilar. They used to take him to the vet but it was expensive so they finally said heck with it, if he dies he deserves it. He kept getting bit and recovering, never did learn to leave them alone. Rott cross, stubborn old thing.
The kind we have here are Northern Pacific Rattlesnake.
It's still in the big bin in the garage. There are a couple of reptile folks who might want it. Waiting to hear back from them.

Baby rattlers are dangerous. They don’t regulate their vemon. They give it all. We have snake prevention class here.
That's what I've always heard, but lot of disagreement around that idea now. I guess it depends on the age of the baby. Some stuff I read says the very young ones can't really bite hard enough to inject venom. I'm not taking any chances.
We have an over abundance of gophers right now... sure wish it was a gopher snake or king snake to help us out. Bit by bit, the garden is getting eaten from below, dang gophers!

Finally getting some plants in the ground! I need to finish up the fence, because the deer and rabbits are still getting in there. Damn rabbit ate a lily i just bought, that was still in the pot! Deer ate one clump of day lillies. Been pulling weeds too. Hoping to plant more tomato plants soon. Going to go pick some peas out of the garden!!!

We just had a real toad-choker of a rainfall here for about 15 minutes. The Dipsticks (baby chicks, no smarter than the law allows) could not find their way in to a dry area and were huddled in front of a closed gate, about 10 feet away from an open gate, sigh. DH went out to help them and they scattered so no good came of his efforts except he got soaked. Came in and got two rain buckets we use to water the dogs (kitty litter containers) and filled each one up in about two seconds flat! As soon as he filled the second one the deluge slowed then stopped. He had to change from the skin out, totally soaked! Hallelujah, we have been needing rain!

1000000949.jpg

My first lily this year.

Back
Top Bottom