Granny's gone and done it again

Good Evening Everyone. I got a lot of tilling done today and got some Blue Lake Pole beans in the ground with Ma's help. I hope to get 200' of Roma II bush beans in the ground tomorrow. As soon as the beans come in we will can a canner load of each and see which we like the best. The Roma II beans have been our go to bean for years. This is a first for the Blue Lake Pole beans. Really want to get tomatoes, Egg Plant, and Peppers in tomorrow. Then if we have any time left we will get a few hills of summer squash in.
I have always favored white half runners because they have a good sized bean in them. They cant hardly be found now here and if they are the cost is doubled that of all others.
Your making me hungry with the sound of all your fresh veggies!

I have always favored white half runners because they have a good sized bean in them. They cant hardly be found now here and if they are the cost is doubled that of all others.
Your making me hungry with the sound of all your fresh veggies!
I've seen the seed in TN. Not sure if the have them at my local supply or not. Never understood what half runner meant. The Roma II have large beans in them. We sometimes let a few of the mature to shell stage and put the shell beans in with the snaps.

No. We freeze some like normal processing but prefer the taste of the canned ones the best. I doubt we freeze any this year as much corn as we will freeze.
I also prefer canned but they are something different for sure. I remember stringing them and hanging them all over the front porch. lol

Back
Top Bottom