grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dotties mum !!! Right here is the best place ever !

How is Dottie today?

My friends, I met dotties mum on a different thread . she was rescuing an abandoned hen.

Crawling home with broken bones is something you want to remember??? Lol

Just jump in. Hi.

Hahahaa
lau.gif
you sure ? Yes newfie, I was diagnosed with dementia and yes, I want to remember it all !

Ok I've heard of abandoned dogs cats and vehicles. Chickens are a new one on me.

I was foster care chair of our county animal welfare group and rescued a lot of different types of animals. Chickens yes but not abandoned. What happened?

Ok I've heard of abandoned dogs cats and vehicles. Chickens are a new one on me.

I was foster care chair of our county animal welfare group and rescued a lot of different types of animals. Chickens yes but not abandoned. What happened?
Hi napdognewfie,
frow.gif
there is a place on the outskirts of town where I live that people drop off cockerels and hens, they should take them to the SPCA but they don't because people think that chooks can survive well enough on their own, yeah right until they get all nit and flea infested, which is what was happening to Dottie. She has been with us one week and three days and a very different chook has emerged, she becoming a really healthy gal now. Fortunately the SPCA visit the site quite regularly to catch them but people then just keep perpetuating the problem by dumping them, half of town thinks its a great tourist attraction the rest of town hate it, but no laws covering chickens so it continues, and not just where I live other regions have the same problem, you just come up against the attitude of 'oh it's just a chicken', ggrrr. That's the upshot of what goes on, would like to rescue more but we are only allowed 12 chooks in the suburbs, we have room for one more, oh for a proper farm house with some land.....work in progress.
smile.png

Newfie, what does that mean? you were a chair ? Inquiring minds want to know.
My sons cat he adopted Olga, has tripled her weight. She is very heavy now and I have a hard time lifting her. She also is still pooping yellow. We wormed her and the rescue wormed her. any Ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom