Not open for further replies.

Granny Hatchet

Tastes like chicken
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Sep 26, 2013
madison Indiana
granny's thread continues here: Granny's gone and done it again

i have tried my best to stay home just in case the chicks were in at tsc, i went today to buy food after finding out the chicks are sold out. and guess what? ya, hit up orchlens too.hahah they only had 2 buff orphingtons.they were soo quite i knew something was wrong. one seems fine the other is very weak. i have never had them before, i know im not spelling it right .anyway , the weak was was sitting there couldnt walk because the wire was too big on the floor and its feet was going through. i have giving it sugar water but wondered about insure ? that drink with all the vitamin. in it , you know, for all those other old people. there is nothing in its crop except the water i gave it and i am sure if it fell in the water it couldnt get back out. any suggestions????

Last edited by a moderator:
Papa, Please stop beating yourself up over an accident .. It happens, to All kids. How we got raised without killing our self was nothing short of a miracle . Kids are tough and bounce right back. Things are gonna happen, mistakes will be made. They only made one perfect man and they crucified him. It will be ok, I promise.
hugs.gif

soo, I am sitting making a post to Kathy when DH starts screaming at the top of his lungs ! My heart dropped to my feet. "come here oh god, hurry, hurry, PAM ! I need you , hurry. I actually dropped my computer and flew into the kitchen where he is standing by the front door . He is bouncing ! He holds both hands up to make a circle the size of a lunch plate and says , A spider, a spider, up my pants ! help me , ohh help me ! So I cuped my hands together and started where his leg joins his privets. I was rubbing my hands around becau7se if there was a spider that big it will either crush it or cause it to drop out. Nothing ! I say what leg ? he dont know . So I start on the other leg same thing . I have my hands buried up to his crotch ,all 3 dogs are raising hell and I hear, ummm, I will just leave this here on the porch mam.
ep.gif
My fudge ! and the mail man ! watching me digging in Toms pants and tom hollering just do it , just do it ! I am now ready to die.
lau.gif
Did I get the spider ? Sure I did ! it was the size of a pencil eraser . I did what any normal human would do. I laughed at tom and ate some fudge AND cookies. OMG they are so good. The butter cookies are very delicate and Molasses ? I never had before but just perfect little cookies . Not of them were broken except a tiny corner off of one and it was the first to go. LOL Tom took a whole big piece of the fudge and went in his room to lick his wounds.

this is no joke.

I love kids, love being a Papa, and now get to enjoy being a Pappadaddy. no way I could of had just one.

I would gladly suffer, being on my own, or would even suffer thru labor pains for my wife to have kids. All of my mistakes growing up, and even the ones I make now, can't erase the joy I have garnered from my kids. I just hope when I die, that at least one good thing can be said about me, and that is "He was a great dad."

you see our time here on earth, should be a struggle, and a suffering. I just hope that I've taught my young'uns, that in the suffering and struggle, you can find some joy and happiness, in your babies, and you pass that wisdom on, and then they pass it on.

Traditions, and owning land for generations in one family, family heirlooms that came over on the mayflower, that is great stuff, but just please let it be said of me, that I was a great dad. That I was mean to them, but fair, that I was tough on them, but I loved them.

and never once, thru all of my toughness, did they ever question my love for them.

Let my babies carry that tradition on.

Merry Christmas folks.

Last edited:
i have a mentally challenged rooster, i believe that is the correct term used these days. a woman from California sent me, free of charge, a beautiful polish frizzled tolbunt rooster. whew, thats a mouthful. he is drop dead gorgeous. and as dumb as the day is long. he has been sick these few past months and in quarantine. they were all sick but i wanted to keep a real close eye on him. i have changed water, cleaned cage, bought 3-4 different meds. and with the help of a member(two crows) they have all recovered !! yaaa. it was definitely a battle . ok, so now he has his choice of way too many hens and what does he do? hides ! he wants nothing to do with any of them. he will not climb a ladder or a hen. i am taking him to the water dishes and i touch the back of his neck before he will lean his head down to drink. same with food. he awaits my permission to eat and drink. he is not blind as when he sees me he cocks his head up and talks to me. i am not a hen !! if he drops his wing down to me one more time i am going to turn him into a girl. i have rooster booster that i gave him and the probiotics from all the antibiotics he had. the woman that gave him to me also paid shipping and she asked for fertile eggs in return. how do i break it to her she sent me a gay rooster?

Tell us a good story Mutt. How was your holiday. How are the kids doing with the pups?
K here is a story from Dysfunction Junction! I'm typing exerpts from the essays the Juveys wrote me this week.I got 7 essays.
Bryan:"I have learned to care for another living creature. I have learned that all life is precious". "I've never been trusted. Thank you for trusting me to care for Roxy. I am proud of myself and have bonded with her". I promise I will keep her safe and love her". "This program is more than a certificate or candy. It's a chance to show how mature I am and that I can care for something other than myself".
Anthony: "I appreciate you bringing the dogs. I want to teach them everything so they can finally find a home. I will do everything I can do by following the rules because these dogs deserve love and a home. Thank you very much for bringing this here".
Villafan: Thank you for letting me participate. The first thing I learned is that there is more to training a dog than barking orders to them. You have to have patience and self control. Positive reinforcement and treats to teach them what you want. That creates good habits. Also, don't expect your dog to pay attention to you just because you want her to right then. You have to teach them".
Miguel:" ...most dogs know when their owners are down...It helps me out when I'm mad, sad or stressed. Dogs cheer me up so I'm in a happy mood and it rubs off on me. Animals are a great way to keep you put of trouble. If you had a dog to love to not be spending time on the streets".
celebrate.gif
The powerful language of dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom