Graphic article. Reader discretion advised.

https://steemit.com/til/@logic/today-i-learned-about-how-long-can-a-chicken-survive-without-its-head-the-story-of-mike-the-headless-chicken
Poor Mike. Interesting story but so sad. 😞🥺 If it keeps you awake tonight, know that I'll be up with you.
I read that before. If you're worried that will happen to you, don't. :hugs

Headless Mike! :wee I loved that rooster! I remember when I heard about him! I told everyone that I knew about him! I even named one of my roosters Mike! Sadly poor ol' Mike had a sad ending: He chocked to death. :hit:hit:hit As far as I know, my Mike never lost his head. I re-homed him to a nice home. I was always fastinated by the story of Headless Mike. I knew that he had just his brain stem left, so that's he still lived, but still, how did he live so long and his owners knew it? Like, don't you think that he would of bled to death when his head was removed? Or was that because once you remove the head, the bird stops bleeding? Also, with him flapping all around. How'd they know that that wasn't nerves? Or did after they removed his head did he just stand up and walked around looking for his head? It's a very interesting story. I wish that I could of seen him, but he was slightly around long before I was even born.
RIP Headless Mike. We'll always remember and miss you! :hit :hit :hit

Back
Top Bottom