*Graphic Pic* What's wrong with this chick?

NYRIR

Crowing
13 Years
May 13, 2010
Petersburg,NY
As some of you know,I had a hatch this weekend.I had some humidity issues during the hatch.This chick is the last one to hatch at about 2 pm today(day 22)....it's acting "normal" but what is wrong with it's behind? Do we need to cull?
hit.gif
Or is it something that will go away? It took this chick a long time to hatch and there are still some unpipped eggs in the bator that I'm wishing for.All of the 20 before him were fine and are now in the brooder. Please let me know if you've seen this before and what to do....Thanks
57454_chicks22011_046.jpg

PS...don't mind the nasty bator...the other chicks were in there for 2 days
sickbyc.gif
and to think, it's BRAND NEW!!
th.gif

I'm not an expert but it looks like unabsorbed yolk. I would just leave it alone as long as the chick is acting fine otherwise. I've read other threads where they say it will either continue absorbing it or it will dry up and fall off.

OK, not an expert here but it looks like yolk that needs to absorb. I think it can still do it outside of the egg. Let him stay in the incubator and I think he might be just fine.

I have two Serama chicks that just hatched like yours right now. Mine aren't in the incubator since my chicks never get dry in there (it's a still air), but they are resting in a separate brooder. From everything I've read, they should be ok
smile.png
I'm pretty sure mine is due to humidity/temp issues.

Quote:
Sadly,we had to cull the little guy
hit.gif
His innards were coming out as well and he couldn't even stand correctly.I hope you have better luck

Quote:
Sadly,we had to cull the little guy
hit.gif
His innards were coming out as well and he couldn't even stand correctly.I hope you have better luck

Aww I'm sorry
sad.png
One of mine made it, the other was doing fine, up and around but I found it dead a couple hours later. It was strange. I would have thought the one that is doing fine would have died since it seemed weaker. Maybe there was something else wrong that I couldn't see. I'm sorry you lost yours. I lost 15 today so far...dismal hatch.

Back
Top Bottom