GRAPHIC PICS of my day learning to caponize

Yep!

Still not perfect, but we tried again with the two cockerels. Got one testicle out of each bird this time, which makes for one full capon and one with one testicle, which we'll go in one more time next week and remove.

This time I did all the work and my partner simply held the birds still for me. (I need to work on our restraint system, for SURE!) And, this time my hands didn't shake.
Today I will fill our incubator, so we'll have more cockerels to practice on in ten weeks.

I had shaky hands the first one I did too.Seemed to go away on the next few try's.I got the first batch did separate from the hens in there tractor.I processed the 2 slips I had it was kind interested only seeing one testicle in there.Still trying to find some to work on.

I got five Roos to work on tomorrow.Has anyone sold any of there Capons wondering if there was a market for them.I can get 6 week old roosters for 2 bucks each wonder if you make them Capons and sell for 5 or 6 bucks each.Just a idea.

Do any of you know of anybody in the Dallas Texas area that caponizes. My mom has a cockerel she really likes but does not want ANY roosters. She wants to keep the capon as a pet. I hatched him on May 12th putting him at 7 weeks old. He is a barnyard mix of dual purpose and lating breeds. Any help would be great.

I finally went to take pictures of my Capons but they did want to come out of tractor.Frist picture is pullets hatched at the same.The next pictures are capons.They are 12 weeks old I would guess they are 1.5 to 2lbs each.

Back
Top Bottom