Pics
ps I forgot to mention, the black in the middle of Raptors wing didn't come off, it's more scab but it wasn't lifted or anything, needs more time I think. The white on the end is where the nub fell off, I didn't touch it, just covered with neosporin so I don't know yet if it's soft or solid....

That’s really good! That pink color is good, healthy tissue. Just keep up what you’ve been doing. It might scab up and fall off again to a lesser extent. It’s important to keep it clean and moist while it’s in this stage, if you do it right then the scab falling off won’t be this scary next time. Looks great.

Granulation tissue. Congratulations. After a good final cleanout I would recommend not pulling duchess's skin flap back again. This will allow the living tissue to reattach and hopefully seal itself off reducing infection risk and decreasing healing time. I am really interested to see how raptor's wing progresses. You may be a trend setter for future care of similar wounds!

:) yaay! I feel like my ladies topped a mountain today, we are finally in a good place, I've been soo worried the last couple days. My medihoney wraps and medical manuka honey just came in. At this point, with how "exposed" they are, should I just continue with the neosporin and sugar under sterile gauze? Or should I try to keep them more moist, and give the honey wraps/medihoney a shot? I feel like (especially with Raptors wing) they were drying out with the gauze/neosporin/sugar wraps fairly quickly, maybe I should try the honey goods now?

:) yaay! I feel like my ladies topped a mountain today, we are finally in a good place, I've been soo worried the last couple days. My medihoney wraps and medical manuka honey just came in. At this point, with how "exposed" they are, should I just continue with the neosporin and sugar under sterile gauze? Or should I try to keep them more moist, and give the honey wraps/medihoney a shot? I feel like (especially with Raptors wing) they were drying out with the gauze/neosporin/sugar wraps fairly quickly, maybe I should try the honey goods now?
The horse I showed you earlier has me sold on this honey stuff.

This is why I used the VCO. It was much more moisturizing then anything else.
But you have the honey products....use those. No harm in trying them.

Back
Top Bottom