Pics
XD riiiight, hrrmm... those feets is getting big lol. She/He has siblings that are bigger/fluffier tho, and getting those pointy neck feathers, idk about this one lol.
My guess is because of the way he stands.
I wonder though if the bandage is making him stand more upright.
And of course the redness in the comb and the middle wattles.

It is just a guess.
;)

So today I used medihoney gauze and medihoney wound gel on both girls, it proved more difficult to apply than the sugar, maybe less messy tho lol.
Heres an updated pic of my med kit, with all I've learned in 11 days :)
IMG_2264.JPG

Below is the difference between Activon medical honey and the medihoney wound gel, the wound gel is MUCH thicker
IMG_2286.JPG

Raptor looked amazing. The sugar stuck to the gauze on her nub, I had to wet it down to remove it. I'm hoping the honey gauze won't stick, especially with the gel. I couldn't apply the gel to her nub, so I ended up putting it on the gauze and wrapping that around, then covering it with sterile gauze per the directions.
IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2276.JPG
IMG_2277.JPG

I covered all of Raptors wound with sterile gauze after the gel, just for clarification :)
Below is Duchess today, the hole was closed so I left it, but he bottom part of the wound bed looked a dark color? Im concerened with that, could it just be from drainage?
IMG_2278.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2282.JPG

Fingers crossed that this stuff works!

Awesome!

Did you notice on the Comvita site they also sell a product that is suppose to help the Medihoney smooth on easier?

Hold...Let me find it again.

Eta: I think I was remembering something wrong.
This is what I had read yesterday, it is not to help it smooth on easier.
The last one on this list:
http://outside-us.dermasciences.com/medihoney-patient-info
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 4.23.46 PM.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom