Pics
Everything is looking good. Honestly, if you wanted to save your supplies, based on the pictures, mother nature will take care of the rest. You have intact skin beds at varying stages of growth. It does not hurt to keep going with it though. I would start looking towards protection and reintegration which you already are!

Her kitty friend already misses her lol. I know I ordered a bottle of BluKote, but I can't find it... I also have a bottle of Rooster Booster Pick-No-More Cover-Up Lotion. BluKote comes in a spray bottle, right? Are there major differences between the two?
I just gave her a couple hours with her flock, while I was out there with them, it was really cute. She can't figure out her balance on the coop-ramp tho, and mine is only a foot tall with very obvious "step-grips", I'll have to help her relearn that. But her sisters (there's three for-sure pullets she hatched with) were all hanging out next to her (scratching around, chicken things, no aggression), and when she sat down in the shade the smallest went and laid next to her. I wonder if they thought she was a goner since she wasn't around for a month, it's kind of sweet. I'm also still wondering if she's a rooster lol... Tonight I'm gonna try using less vet wrap, that might be throwing her balance wonky, and only wrap around the nub-end, and then put the modified chicken-daiper over it. Thanks again everyone, so so so so soooo much!!

Her kitty friend already misses her lol. I know I ordered a bottle of BluKote, but I can't find it... I also have a bottle of Rooster Booster Pick-No-More Cover-Up Lotion. BluKote comes in a spray bottle, right? Are there major differences between the two?
I just gave her a couple hours with her flock, while I was out there with them, it was really cute. She can't figure out her balance on the coop-ramp tho, and mine is only a foot tall with very obvious "step-grips", I'll have to help her relearn that. But her sisters (there's three for-sure pullets she hatched with) were all hanging out next to her (scratching around, chicken things, no aggression), and when she sat down in the shade the smallest went and laid next to her. I wonder if they thought she was a goner since she wasn't around for a month, it's kind of sweet. I'm also still wondering if she's a rooster lol... Tonight I'm gonna try using less vet wrap, that might be throwing her balance wonky, and only wrap around the nub-end, and then put the modified chicken-daiper over it. Thanks again everyone, so so so so soooo much!!
The blu-kote I have comes with a little built in sponge brush on the lid, very much like PVC glue cans, but I think there is a spray. If rooster booster dyes the skin and is a mild antiseptic, then it’s basically the same thing. I’ve never used it.

I wonder, if she is a he, how he would manage to mate hens without losing balance. Hmm. It would be kind of funny to see a one-winged rooster try and flog something. :p

I wonder, if she is a he, how he would manage to mate hens without losing balance. Hmm. It would be kind of funny to see a one-winged rooster try and flog something. :p
:gigHaha really tho... Ive watched my tiny bantam roo try to land my fluffiest orpington hen, he kept falling off, and she actually waited for him to try three or four times before walking away lols. Good thing is I rehomed Raptor's rhode island red father, so now theres space for a new big roo, but fingers crossed that (s/he?) stays small !

IMG_2413.JPG

So, the verdict is out, I concede.... Raptor is a roo. He's got a beautiful red saddle coming in, dagnabbit lol. His daddy roo had huge spurs, I'm worried his will be the same, if a vet were to remove them should I take him in now (as a juvenile) or after he has the spurs?
The wing is doing great, hes fully back with the flock and has figured out the coop-ramp, I made him a little staircase with bricks so he can roost with his siblings :) I seriously can't find my blukote lol, but I did find a bottle of Banixx (stabilized hydronium, says antibacterial/antifungal) which I spray over the booboo every other day. Same with Duchess, she's also fully back with friends and she's no longer bandaged, just the spray every other day.
IMG_2404.JPG
IMG_2417.JPG

Raptor still has a seroma, in the same location, its very visible at the base of his neck and you can feel it down to the front of his chest. Its only clear liquid fluid, doesn't appear pussy or bloody, I can see it through his skin, it isn't draining at all. Wil his body reabsorb it over time or should I drain it? Its not causing him any discomfort.
IMG_2407.JPG

IMG_2459.JPG

These are his siblings, Spooky and Sis, having a wing-cleaning party with him, just the sweetest :)

View attachment 1445271
So, the verdict is out, I concede.... Raptor is a roo. He's got a beautiful red saddle coming in, dagnabbit lol. His daddy roo had huge spurs, I'm worried his will be the same, if a vet were to remove them should I take him in now (as a juvenile) or after he has the spurs?
The wing is doing great, hes fully back with the flock and has figured out the coop-ramp, I made him a little staircase with bricks so he can roost with his siblings :) I seriously can't find my blukote lol, but I did find a bottle of Banixx (stabilized hydronium, says antibacterial/antifungal) which I spray over the booboo every other day. Same with Duchess, she's also fully back with friends and she's no longer bandaged, just the spray every other day.
View attachment 1445274 View attachment 1445282
Raptor still has a seroma, in the same location, its very visible at the base of his neck and you can feel it down to the front of his chest. Its only clear liquid fluid, doesn't appear pussy or bloody, I can see it through his skin, it isn't draining at all. Wil his body reabsorb it over time or should I drain it? Its not causing him any discomfort.
View attachment 1445286
View attachment 1445289
These are his siblings, Spooky and Sis, having a wing-cleaning party with him, just the sweetest :)
Aww I love his updates. I hope he grows up to be a fine gentleman. :)
Not sure about the spur question. As for the seroma I would give it a bit longer to reabsorb. They can take a very long time but it is preferable to draining and having to manage another open sore.

View attachment 1445271
View attachment 1445274 View attachment 1445282
View attachment 1445286
View attachment 1445289
:lovehe looks great.
I knew he was a boy.:hugs

B9A0F607-ACEF-4EEA-9802-F0E6741DE766.jpeg
Hey @Raptorchick so, all of your knowledge and wound care came in good handy today. One of our dogs was let out by my toddler and he got our sexlink. Lots of feathers missing, a small open tear. I want to thank you for this thread - it really gave me a lot of knowledge in wound care.
She’s outside because she got very depressed inside. She will be locked in a crate in the coop at night but none of the other girls seem to be messing with her bandage - except for her. She’s so pissed. But she’s a trooper.

Back
Top Bottom