Graphic Pictures-Eggtopcy on shipped eggs and I’m very hu-happy!!

Banty crazy

Songster
Oct 7, 2020
I found the article, eggtopcy, why didn’t my eggs hatch. It was very helpful but I’m going to put up some pictures here for comments. I have a Brinsea incubator and we’ve had this unit for two years. I’ve hatched duck, bantam and goshawk eggs in it so my humidity and temperature are spot on.
These pictures are Serama eggs that were shipped to me and I bought 15 eggs. After 7 days I removed the eggs that were clearly not fertile and after opening them the yoke wasn’t intact, just a mess inside!! By lockdown I only have 6 eggs that looked like they were developing but I only saw one chick move. I’d removed others before lock too. One have a chick that died earlier but I didn’t take a picture of it. So here’s what I found on day 22. Yes I gave them extra time which may have been a mistake. This picture is all 6 chicks.
9F746CED-8011-4088-AF44-C5C598CC3F04.jpeg

Above you can see that most of the yoke sacks ruptured for some reason and they were like water?
1963AE0E-574A-4E40-A3EB-50765F0E0004.jpeg
To me this chick looks fully formed but it’s intestines are out. A few had intestines hanging out and either no yoke sack or it was liquid. Plus most of them had internal membranes that were thick and Like rubber.
725B6DB4-ADE1-48DA-9584-1D0BCA0284C1.jpeg
Such a pretty chick intestines hanging out and a broken yoke sack that was like water?
83427EF2-7355-4D01-A730-B061B438A4AC.jpeg
This one didn’t have an yoke sack at all In fact none had a normal Yoke sack! They were all in the correct position to hatch but none pipped internally. Thoughts please. Such a waste!! I should also add that every egg had a detached air cell and were put in the incubator upright.

I am sorry for those littles to be lost :( ,. How have your previous hatches been? And final question, were these eggs turned?
WISHING YOU BEST,,:hugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome
My other hatches have been great! Hatched on time with no problems. Yes they were turned but after I let them rest from shipping I put them in the incubator and didn’t turn them for two and a half days but then I started turning them. I have an automatic turner and they were turned every two hours, just like my other eggs. I followed the directions I found here for shipped eggs. I believe the article was from Sally Sunshine? I’ve never gotten shipped eggs before and probably won’t do it again. It is so sad!!

I’ve never gotten shipped eggs before and probably won’t do it again.
Don't let your bad experiences discourage you. The first hatching eggs I bought didn't hatch but then I bought hatching eggs again and had a good hatch rate. Where did you get the hatching eggs from? Maybe just buy them from a different place next time.

I'm not seeing intestines out, I'm just seeing yolk sacs
I tried to find a better picture for you but I couldn’t. With some the watery yoke spilled out of the shell when I opened it ( you can see the wet paper towel) and the intestines were darker and like a sausage winding around. I did play with it a little to make sure of what it was though. Thank you. I’m interested in your thoughts!!

Don't let your bad experiences discourage you. The first hatching eggs I bought didn't hatch but then I bought hatching eggs again and had a good hatch rate. Where did you get the hatching eggs from? Maybe just buy them from a different place next time.
I bought them from a breeder in S Carolina his name is Lish Boyd. After I bought the eggs he became a real ass and didn’t want to help at all.

I only see the yolk sacs, like I said. Intestines look very different and aren't yellow sacs
Yes after looking at the pictures again there are a couple with yoke sacks. To be honest, it’s been upsetting because they all died and they were expensive. We’re both retired so the cost was difficult overall and then this happened.

Back
Top Bottom