Graphic...questions about predators...2 chickens gone

Weak stomaches beware
With my experience with bobcats, I have never seen them kill and eat the animal in the same spot. They will catch,kill and run off with the carcass. Usually leaving a very few feathers behind. Once they get into the woods (or a more secluded place) they will pluck most of the feathers off of the chicken and leave the feet. You will find several piles like that and the final pile will have the head and guts.

that describes our yard...piles of feathers across the back 1/2 - to 1 acre. Feet, head and guts in along with one wing in a different area. But it was still ALL in our fenced area. The other one was gone...not a sign of her at all. Like she didn't exist. May it was to hungry to take and run? Eat one now, take one for later? Last night the neighborood animals were VERY noisy. We have horses and donkeys on both sides. They were quiet. Roosters and dogs were loud and I could here coyotes.

Quote:
Bold and utter devastation like that sounds like dogs of one sort or another.

Remember, its you or them out there. Play to win.

Keep your chickens in a safe place so no predator can get them, and make sure everything is secure. I am very sorry for your loss. Hope this never happens again

Back
Top Bottom