1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

grass bed in the run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by MR.PEEPS, Mar 4, 2012.

1. MR.PEEPS

MR.PEEPS Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2011
    Stanwood
    Hi i seen a while back that sumone made a raid garden bed and grew grass in it and cover it with garden cloth. What is that called and do anyone have photos.

2. Jaxon4141

Jaxon4141 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Nebraska
    I haven't seen it on here, but I can't imagine that the grass would last more than a week. I have 250 sq. ft. of run and 5 chickens will bring that area to dirt in just a week. By the second week it will be full of holes and dips with no vegetation anywhere. I always try to have some type of vegetation under my chickens, but the only way to do that is to move them to new pastures. I move my chicken at least every two weeks and sometime every week if there wasn't a lot of cover to start with.

3. Coop de Grille

Coop de Grille Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    South Carolina
  4. Jaxon4141

Jaxon4141 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Nebraska
  5. MR.PEEPS

MR.PEEPS Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2011
    Stanwood
    Great that's what i was looking for i am going to try and make one in my run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by