graylag or swan geese?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by poultry bro, Mar 9, 2016.

1. poultry bro

poultry bro Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2014
    Hey everybody im looking in to getting some geese i raise a lot of other poultry chickens,quail,pheasants,turkeys,ducks,pigeons,doves, and even an emu but im wondering whats a quieter type of goose i have neighbors and we had guinea fowl before and it was horrible i had to rehome them i wont do it again i just need to know if i can own swan goose type breeds like african and chinese or should i get graylag types im interested in toulouse,embden,and pilgrim geese but not sure what to get i would like a decent amount of eggs as well so anything that is quieter than guinea fowl and lays a good amount of eggs is a golden breed also wanting a very large breed but i want 4 so i could mix several breeds together let me know what yall think.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have Emden, Toulouse and American and all of them are so loud and obnoxious right now it's breeding season,so after the month of May they will settle down and not be so loud hopefully.

3. poultry bro

poultry bro Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2014
    Yeah i figured they would be a bit like peacocks and be loud during the breeding season i just wont rehome them this time and if they get to be to much ill just move them to my other property but its more work for me if i do this

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by