Great Argus pheasant pair

Thanks for the link the paintings are amazing!!! it just makes me want them more and more !!! i will get them one day
tongue.png

Quote:
Tony
I need some more palawans myself my best breeder male is getting old and not sure how much longer he has left his hen died last year at the end of breeding season. I only hatched 2 this year and it a pair I going to keep them.
Doug

Palawans will breed until their twenties if you feed them right. The rising mortality in female peacock-pheasants over the last few years is due to a new form of high impact soybean meal being used in feed formulations. It also leads to crooked toes and malformed feet in juveniles of many species.

I raise many Great Argus every year and am importing Annamite Crested Argus, Bornean and Sumatran Great Argus as well as Bornean Peacock Pheasants in 2013.

Hi Kermit,
Did you buy another house in Colorado?Man you are everywhere.Hey I emailed your company about the kibble.They say it will be available with Tractor Supplys?That would be great.I still haven't been able to get it without going broke shipping it in.
Looking for a lewis silver hen if you know of any.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
Hi Tony,

Tractor Supply carries all the products including two new ones- very excited about. Griffin Hill- finally- deep forest exhibits with synthesized overstorey, canopy, mid canopy and understorey. To date, I've only had aviaries up to 30'. It will be nice to have indoor installments large enough to house those primary forest species.
Finally building for Argus and Congo Peafowl flight displays that we can actually film.

Sorry to say I'm holding on to all the Lewis's for another two years- we're in the middle of some nutrition experiments- trying to get to the bottom of the feet and toe malformations so many breeders are dealing with of late. Do you still have an adult male Palawan for sale?

Last edited:
Kermit,
That's a boat load of $$$, to import all of them species. Actually Bornean PP are available now For 15 Grand a pair.
Myself, I would rather spend that much on Bulwers when they are available. SOME DAY.

Hi Kermit,
As it turns out,both the palawans I had were hens.One ended up killing the pther after being together for 2 years.I sold the other hen to Ned Newton,he had a male.I have to call him to see if he had any luck breeding them.
I didn't see any of your products in the TS near here.Are they coming this way?I hope so,I would really like to try the kibble.
As for the lewis silvers.I still have my original breeders from Mel Royal,and I have a male from this years hatch.
In N.H.,Tony.
Quote:
Hi Tony,

Tractor Supply carries all the products including two new ones- very excited about. Griffin Hill- finally- deep forest exhibits with synthesized overstorey, canopy, mid canopy and understorey. To date, I've only had aviaries up to 30'. It will be nice to have indoor installments large enough to house those primary forest species.
Finally building for Argus and Congo Peafowl flight displays that we can actually film.

Sorry to say I'm holding on to all the Lewis's for another two years- we're in the middle of some nutrition experiments- trying to get to the bottom of the feet and toe malformations so many breeders are dealing with of late. Do you still have an adult male Palawan for sale?

Quote:
I'm trying to track down an aviculturist in Portugal that rears Bulwers so I can bring some in. As for investment= I woke one day asking myself why always working myself to death? Cousin needs room to practice his new farming skills at our place in VT- rented out the other place near the college- that's two less places for aviary collections- Reserve just about blew away over the last few years of outrageous storms- vet interns just don't get birds- rather more interesting to sew up a bongo- so need to move the birds out of the reserve- never go there anyway and the foundation doesn' t keep any exotic animals.- So I decided work is worth it if I can go ahead and build the facilities that none of these other places have managed to be. USDA and Fish and Wildlife and AZA -everybody on board- just put in the time and the effort- so tired of whining about problems in aviculture/zooculture. Decided it's high time to enable solutions rather than problems. We need a galliformes trust- why not me? No one else is doing it and the zoos aren't even breeding birds any longer. I've also fallen in love with tapirs and rhinos, takin and musk oxen- so transformative move is long overdue- too many years of hiding out and not doing a darn thing. Finally to have deep forest exhibits- built to my specifications by the people who build zoo exhibits through contracts that cost such ridiculous amounts of money- because they are built at a city zoo - this is a big art project for some exhibit designers and myself- a place to retire- get ready for any grandkids if that ever happens.
These women can't get any crazier so it's not like I'm building for marital bliss. 15,000.00 will buy you a pair of Bornean Peacock Pheasants or one half of a female Bactrian camel.

You have to call and let them know you are expecting them to carry it. They'll tell you when it will be in stock- in time for Christmas no doubt- but do call them and inquire.

Peacock-Pheasants are a trip. Guineapigs sure help in that department- and shelving people- how many lofts will fit in that aviary? What can you do to make each loft its own mini habitat? No mortality when you loft it and you quadruple the potential for successful nesting - if you have four lofts that is- wall space is wasted. So much room not used- people say- well I put some perches or a shrub in there- think condominium complex- X dollhouse- recalibrate those digs.

Building for Bronze Tails - make it so more than one pair can be housed in the same aviary- and those females are mean as anything. That comes down to lighting too- turn down the light turn down the fury.

Lewis's have normal feet?

Back
Top Bottom