Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only veteran that has talked about it is paying the penalty an doing without cause he cant afford it. Pretty much like most everyone else here.

What ?

If you are eligible for Veterans benefits and cant afford healthcare, then it's free !

I don't know what you're talking about.
idunno.gif

If you're talking about the penalty for not having insurance, no one has paid a penny of penalty. If he has V.A. health benefits then he has no penalty to pay as the V.A. pays for his healthcare, so he's covered.

http://www.va.gov/health/aca/faq.asp

So it sounds like someone is pulling someones leg.
Glad to see you are an expert. The rest of us are not. I know lawyers that are still trying to figure out how to get covered an if the penalty is the better option.

He told me more than once his plan was to pay the penalty. The VA counting never crossed my mind an I bet it has not his.

The Veterans' Administration provides health care for some veterans, but not all veterans. There are certain factors that must be met. I qualify for health care, but my brother does not. I spent time in Viet Nam, and he was stationed in Germany. Then there are degrees of coverage. Some people get free meds and others do not. It is a complicated issue.

Those with service connected medical problems get priority. So far, I have had good service from them. When I retired, I kept my insurance from my employer. That ran me about five hundred dollars a month plus paying for medicare. Then the state, my former employer, kicked in a hundred dollars a month.

This was getting very expensive. Worse, my wife's insurance with her former employer will probably be cancelled next year. She will be forced into an exchange. That will be very expensive. She has had breast cancer twice and cancer of her girl stuff once. I need to keep her insured.

So, I dropped my insurance and went with the VA's coverage. So far, it has been good. I have diabetes, and I pay a co pay on my meds. But that is cheaper than the plan I had before. The money saved will go toward my wife's coverage.

The devil is in the details.

What problem ?

The Fed controls the money supply. When they want cheap credit, they lower the discount rate to the member banks. They do that putting more money into the system. When they want to raise the interest rates, they draw money out of the system, thus making borrowing more expensive. I am afraid that there are so many dollars outside the US that when they go to contract the money supply, those foreign held dollars will flood into the market and negate the contraction of the money supply. They can inflate, but I am afraid they cannot deflate.

I guess we just have to hope for the best.

The Veterans' Administration provides health care for some veterans, but not all veterans. There are certain factors that must be met. I qualify for health care, but my brother does not. I spent time in Viet Nam, and he was stationed in Germany. Then there are degrees of coverage. Some people get free meds and others do not. It is a complicated issue.

Those with service connected medical problems get priority. So far, I have had good service from them. When I retired, I kept my insurance from my employer. That ran me about five hundred dollars a month plus paying for medicare. Then the state, my former employer, kicked in a hundred dollars a month.

This was getting very expensive. Worse, my wife's insurance with her former employer will probably be cancelled next year. She will be forced into an exchange. That will be very expensive. She has had breast cancer twice and cancer of her girl stuff once. I need to keep her insured.

So, I dropped my insurance and went with the VA's coverage. So far, it has been good. I have diabetes, and I pay a co pay on my meds. But that is cheaper than the plan I had before. The money saved will go toward my wife's coverage.

The devil is in the details.

And for those benefits the government is paying. You can get covered by Obamacare at the same cost to you and lower cost to the government, with better service.

And for those benefits the government is paying. You can get covered by Obamacare at the same cost to you and lower cost to the government, with better service.

Well Dennis, we are all entitled to our own opinion. We have to evaluate the situation and make our own choices. Just out of curiosity, what will your premium be and what will the deductible be?

I have heard some horror stories. Let's revisit this issue a year later and compare notes.

Why do you think "those foreign held dollars will flood into the market and negate the contraction of the money supply" when it hasn't happened before when the FED has contracted ?

Let's wait and see. I have a feeling that when the US dollar starts loosing ground, there will be a move to get out of the dollar and into something more secure. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom