Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you say this but also claim to have worked in corrections boggles the mond. If even half of the criminals in our prison system had even a 2yr degree(hell a HS diploma) they would have been less likely to do the stupid stuff they do. If you dont think an educated crook can have leadership skills then I would ask who you think is running this country? Generally speaking folks dont go and commit crimes because they are bored. Most crimes are crimes of passion or socio economics.

Profanity warning for the video.

www.youtube.com/embed/OIUpvtIqgKw

Do you really think there is any hope for these children? I do not and it is not the education system, since they have access, it is because their parents are simply no good. No government run program can fix that and it is NOT the place of government to try. The parents want nothing more for their children and the children have no sense of self worth as a result.

It is compound, intergenerational learned helplessness.

But I guess that is just one more sign of how minorities have used the right to vote to empower themselves, right?

It has been decades since they have been enfranchised and there is no excuse for things like this but remember, it would not be politically correct to blame people for their own behavior. No, that would make you prejudiced.

roll.png

Last edited:
Also if you where let's say white it is politically incorrect to use some of the words the adults were saying. But how is it okay if your African-American to use the same racial slures? I always thought if it wrong for one person or group it's wrong for everyone but what do I know?
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif

Which is why when I drove a school bus I made it VERY clear that any word or phrase that could be taken as offensive by another group (color, religion or nationality) it would NOT be said! Cracker, the forms of N!gga and so on........

I got downright tried of only certain groups getting in trouble for those words while other groups were allowed to run free....

I wouldn't blame 100% on the parents of criminal kids or grew up with good parents but the kids didn't want to be on the "good side". Defiant kids are rampant, and DCFS seems to play a role in this matter that just irks me big time.

As for the criminals, long gone are the days of "working farms" which they can grow to be self sufficent outside the prison's backyards. Would it be possible to bring back the working farms to save the government some money in feeding them, getting them outside to work instead of 23 hours in a cell or indoor for most part? It is upsetting to hear that the correctional officers are now burden with MORE inmates to supervise, one to 30 to 50 men at a given time. Granted it will take more manpower to get these prisoners to farm their food but instead of leeching off on society for everything, at least they can feed themselves for most part. What the hell happened when farming was "out"? Did the prisoners call it "abuse"?

The fact that you say this but also claim to have worked in corrections boggles the mond. If even half of the criminals in our prison system had even a 2yr degree(hell a HS diploma) they would have been less likely to do the stupid stuff they do. If you dont think an educated crook can have leadership skills then I would ask who you think is running this country? Generally speaking folks dont go and commit crimes because they are bored. Most crimes are crimes of passion or socio economics.
This is very true, passion or social economics...simply put, self gratification and greed. "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" is the motto.

As for the criminals, long gone are the days of "working farms" which they can grow to be self sufficent outside the prison's backyards. Would it be possible to bring back the working farms to save the government some money in feeding them, getting them outside to work instead of 23 hours in a cell or indoor for most part? It is upsetting to hear that the correctional officers are now burden with MORE inmates to supervise, one to 30 to 50 men at a given time. Granted it will take more manpower to get these prisoners to farm their food but instead of leeching off on society for everything, at least they can feed themselves for most part. What the hell happened when farming was "out"? Did the prisoners call it "abuse"?
There was one of these working farms in Wallkill, NY. It was being slowly phased out since it was "cruel" to expect the prisoners to work in the hot summer and cold winters..................................... Never mind in order to qualify for the farm work you had to be on 100% best behavior and MANY of the men enjoyed being outdoors and learning something useful. It was just a few lazy rotten apples that has ruined the "working Farm".

That video was disgusting. As the twig is bent, so grows the tree. How could someone berate a child like that? Unfortunately, people can procreate without thinking of the future of the child. If they do not love children, then maybe they shouldn't be having them. To what kind of life is the child being condemned?

Too many people do not think things out. They live in the here and now and do not foresee what or where their actions may lead. "If I strangle this old lady and steal her nine dollars and her EBT card, will it impact my life?" No, they don't think that. Worse, they have no qualms about hurting others or taking things that do not belong to them. "It is alright to steal from Walmart because they are rich, and I need drugs."

Thuggee was a subculture of people in India that subsisted by killing and robbing people. The sect was eradicated because the British captured and hung them. They believed that Kali ordained them to kill and rob. They felt no guilt and that they were justified in their actions.

I am afraid we are seeing the same sort of reasoning now days. It is alright to rob and abuse the rich and those of other races or ethnic backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom