Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the prisoners and prisons in our country are getting frugal...cutting back to two meals a day. They are getting upset.

Jesse Jackson said that it is cheaper to send a man to college than to keep him in prison for four years. I thought he was crazy, but then I looked at all the bills we were paying when I worked for corrections, and you know, he was correct.

But, that is the last thing this country needs, more educated criminals. Education does not substitute for a lack of moral fiber. Educated crooks with leadership skills; I don't think so.

Jesse Jackson said that it is cheaper to send a man to college than to keep him in prison for four years. I thought he was crazy, but then I looked at all the bills we were paying when I worked for corrections, and you know, he was correct.

But, that is the last thing this country needs, more educated criminals. Education does not substitute for a lack of moral fiber. Educated crooks with leadership skills; I don't think so.
The fact that you say this but also claim to have worked in corrections boggles the mond. If even half of the criminals in our prison system had even a 2yr degree(hell a HS diploma) they would have been less likely to do the stupid stuff they do. If you dont think an educated crook can have leadership skills then I would ask who you think is running this country? Generally speaking folks dont go and commit crimes because they are bored. Most crimes are crimes of passion or socio economics.

A good proportion of those in prison are there for drug offenses, many minor. Fully half of federal prisoners are drug offenders, and about 1/6 of those in state prison.

As for allowing women and minorities to vote...things were not better before that happened. Read some history, please.

The fact that you say this but also claim to have worked in corrections boggles the mond. If even half of the criminals in our prison system had even a 2yr degree(hell a HS diploma) they would have been less likely to do the stupid stuff they do. If you dont think an educated crook can have leadership skills then I would ask who you think is running this country? Generally speaking folks dont go and commit crimes because they are bored. Most crimes are crimes of passion or socio economics.

What I meant was that without the moral compass these people would be really dangerous if educated enough to run their businesses and lead their organizations. We see that in the cartels. One must respect the difference between right and wrong. The saving grace is incompetence and ignorance. We don't need smarter, more skilled crooks; we need more moral people.

I suspect this is a concept that is learned at an early age. That is my opinion; you are entitled to your opinion.

I worked nine years in governmental agricultural agency, and then I worked twenty one years in the state correctional system. When I had my thirty years in, I retired.

What I meant was that without the moral compass these people would be really dangerous if educated enough to run their businesses and lead their organizations. We see that in the cartels. One must respect the difference between right and wrong. The saving grace is incompetence and ignorance. We don't need smarter, more skilled crooks; we need more moral people.

I suspect this is a concept that is learned at an early age. That is my opinion; you are entitled to your opinion.

I worked nine years in governmental agricultural agency, and then I worked twenty one years in the state correctional system. When I had my thirty years in, I retired.
well now that you elaborated i would tend to agree. The problem is the liberal party by in large doesn't support moral values rather they value special rights and a government run society.

Again, I find it strange that the same people that want to legalize marijuana seem to be the same people that want to outlaw large sweet drinks.

An inmate once told me that I shouldn't put so much salt in my food. It was bad for may body. But he was in for dangerous drugs.

A good proportion of those in prison are there for drug offenses, many minor. Fully half of federal prisoners are drug offenders, and about 1/6 of those in state prison.

As for allowing women and minorities to vote...things were not better before that happened. Read some history, please.

Really? What has improved?

I do not call the breakdown of the family unit with women having to work full time along with their husband just to survive and not being able to be with their children positive strides for women.

Just what is an improvement about that?

All feminism has been is the exploitation of women as a cheap labor force, designed to keep them poor and dependent.

So please, if you know so much about history, tell me just what have women gained?

Are we better off now that the majority today no longer have solid marriages, own our home and car, or that we have less time for interpersonal relationship in general owing to having to work?

Are we better now that we have several million illegals in this country taking jobs meant for our men, when any other country with 10+ million illegal invaders on their shores would consider themselves under enemy occupation?

Are we better now with 47 million people on SNAP benefits because they can not put food on the table, which if such persons were to form their own country, it would be almost twice the size of Texas?

Please do elaborate on we are better off now than we were prior to 1920.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom