Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Brown was killed in a confrontation with a police officer that responded to a call about a strong arm robbery. Mr. Brown is shown in the security tapes stealing cigars and abusing the clerk. In my estimation, he got what he deserved.

Why do certain people think they have the right to steal and abuse others? As to the question of what is happening in Oakland, the best answer is fixed bayonets and live ammo.

Mr. Brown was killed in a confrontation with a police officer that responded to a call about a strong arm robbery. Mr. Brown is shown in the security tapes stealing cigars and abusing the clerk. In my estimation, he got what he deserved.

Why do certain people think they have the right to steal and abuse others? As to the question of what is happening in Oakland, the best answer is fixed bayonets and live ammo.

The claim is that the officer who stopped him stopped him because he was disrupting traffic.

All I know is that the usual Oakland protest started, with organizers saying they didn't intend to vandalize , but they wouldn't stop or apparently interfere with anyone who did vandalize. The vandalism seemed to start shortly after the demonstration, and then they headed for Berkeley.

There really isn't much left to destroy in downtown Oakland anymore, and no one seems to be interested in looting the Goodwill store and it seems the Chinese merchants downtown have put some serious effort into protecting their windows and doors. I suppose they could go and try to destroy the International and Fruitvale areas again - but they might encounter resistance because those small family businesses are critical to the livelihoods of the owners' and employees' families, and after the last go around, they aren't likely to be as complacent. I do know they aren't going to try and destroy one historic building that was under restoration again because the owner is hands on and moved in for the duration last time, along with some firearms.

I keep my boat in Alameda; if the riot heads that way they can raise the drawbridges and blockade the tunnels.
So, the remaining option is Berkeley, where no doubt confused students will try to help them evade the police as they loot and pillage.

It's really depressing. One of the problems with Oakland is that to get elected, a politician's best bet is to kiss the rump of the gangs and oppose effective policing. Mayor Quan went out and marched with occupy Oakland and had the police chief out there asking people to go home because the riot had created an unsafe environment, and they needed to go home for their own safety.

Or maybe it was one of the riots over some thug being shot that she marched in.

It was pretty ridiculous. There were mass claims of racism and discrimination by police because a parolee murdered several police officers and then was killed by police when he took refuge in a family member's place and kept shooting at the cop. His poor relative was "endangered" by the police shooting back or something.

This guy was such a local hero - even after DNA testing indicated he was the one responsible for the vicious and violent rape of a girl who was something like 13 or 14 years old.

The gangs insisted that none of this would be a problem if there were more gun control. I am not particularly impressed by that argument since I have yet to encounter a convicted criminal gang member who doesn't have all of the illegal drugs he wants to use or sell, and I suspect they simply want more disarmed victims since they aren't likely to obey new gun laws if they aren't obeying the old ones, not to mention the drug laws, the murder laws, the robbery laws, the rape laws, etc.

It is sad, and eventually people decide it just isn't worth it. They move on to another area and hope that the problems don't follow them. Of course, they do. The social parasites cannot exist without the hosts. And there we have another Detroit or Flint. Just how far back into the woods can people go?

Is it time for people to start to think of emigrating? If so, where to?

I don't think President Obama is intentionally anti US, but he is following a liberal agenda that is unrealistic.  The agenda assumes that government can right all wrongs and that poor people are oppressed and the wealthy are the oppressors.  He is a true believer.  

Sadly, things don't work that way.  We need rich people to provide capital, develop products and services, distribute goods and keep our system functioning.  We also need grunts to work and produce goods.

There are two political parties in this country.  One believes that wealth is produced by working, saving and investing.  The other believes that wealth is gained by taking it away from others.

Each party sees the other as being evil, and they are both right in some ways.

Nobody wants to be poor.  Most of us would not take vows of poverty.  How we avoid poverty is the question.

If we follow the liberal agenda, we end up living in something akin to Havana where nothing has been fixed, painted or kept up since 1959.  If you look at Detroit, you will see where this is leading in the US.  The only viable business in places like Detroit, Flint and now Cleveland seems to be the drug business.

Eventually, we will run out of other people's money.  The government resorts to the printing press to fund its social programs.  This causes inflation and pretty soon we are all equal - - equally poor.  Those that live off of the social welfare system are not about to change their lifestyle. 

And then we will have a problem.

The liberal agenda is anti American. It goes against everything the USA was founded upon.

The liberal agenda is anti American. It goes against everything the USA was founded upon.

I told myself I would stay off of this thread, but it just keeps getting sillier and sillier. Kind of like the news coming out of Washington.

No matter what he did, an officer does not have the right to use deadly force on someone who is not armed, is not posing a threat, and who has his hands up.

I hope you can keep all of that stuff. The riots in Missouri remind me of the Watts riots. It is sad that the kid was killed, but it is best not to lay one's hands on the police.

Somehow, those people thought looting and burning would make things better? I don't understand the logic.

You can not group a whole class of people off the actions of a very very small percentage of bad apples. That would be like blaming ALL Christians for the beliefs of the KKK.

'Those' people are in all classes, religions, races, creeds, tax brackets, and forums, ad nauseum.

So, does anyone know someone that actually got a job? I mean a real job, not government make work or a sinecure. The know it all's on TV say that we are out of the recession and everything is fine. Do you really believe that?

Is it possible to lie the nation our of a depression? Can one fib a factory open?

I want to hear about people actually getting meanfull, productive employment.
So far, hubby has not found a job here in Decatur, IL area. He even went out of town. Sure there are jobs out there but only 20 hours or less and mostly service areas. Nothing concrete of secured, productive employment.

If you don't have all the true facts should you be commenting like this ?

Quote: If you don't have all the true facts should you be commenting like this ?
Did you see the size of the guy that got shot ? If he was hitting me and I had a gun I would legally shot him, someone attacking you doesn't have to be armed for you to legally shot them.

Quote: So what one of the 20 hours jobs did he take ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom